HD and Ridgid TS3660

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD and Ridgid TS3660

I was in my local HD last night trying to look at table saws. Of course, they don't have any of the Ridgid saws set up for anyone to drool over, but something I also noticed was that the contractor saw that they did have was the TS3650 rather than the 3660. I noticed on the Ridgid website that unless you do a site search for the 3650, they don't even list that saw any more. I'm assuming that the 3660 is the replacement for the 3650, so I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck in getting a discount on the 3650 at any of their local HD's.

Thanks in advance,
    Beardking

Re: HD and Ridgid TS3660

It's been my experience with HD that it usually doesn't matter if one HD offers a discount when it comes to discontinued product. The individual store managers seem to have the final say on whether or not a discount is offered. I'd just ask, either they'll give you one or they won't. If they won't commit to a % off figure then make up a dollar amount that you are willing to pay and see if they'll run with that. As "they" say,.......... it don't hurt to ask.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Well, I wasn't able to finagle any sort of a deal on the 3650 and the store price was just a bit more than the accountant said I was allowed (hate it when you marry an accountant). So, instead, I found a relatively decent deal on a TS3612. From what I've read the 3612 seems to get pretty decent reviews itself, and it's a lot better than my Craftsman benchtop, so I'm happy. Now I just need to get the storage shed assembled so I can empty out my garage a little so I can use the dang thing (currently sharing the slightly oversized 1 car garage with 2 motorcycles, 2 table saw, 6' long work bench, lawn and garden equipment, and a planer that I still haven't been able to use because I have no place to put it).

Comment

I'm sure you'll be just as happy with the 3612 as you would have been with the 3650. The primary difference, besides the different colors, between the 3612 and the 3650 are that the 3612 has an American made Emerson motor and the 3650's motor is from China.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by beardking View Post
          ...and a planer that I still haven't been able to use because I have no place to put it).
          Mine usually ends up on top of the work bench when I need it. I can feel your pain.

Go
          Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
            Mine usually ends up on top of the work bench when I need it. I can feel your pain.

Go
            Right now, I can't even find the top of my workbench. Besides, with it being up against a wall, it'd be pretty hard to actually use for planing. I'm hoping that this weekend I'll get the new shed installed and clean out the garage a bit so I can start work on making shop furniture (planer stand, drill press/sander stand, etc).

Comment

Working...
            X