X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laser line

I have a 12" slide miter saw with laser sight. I can't seem to get the laser to adjust. Any help?

Re: laser line

If it's one of those washer type lasers that mount on the arbor then you're SOL as they are not adjustable. Don't feel bad though, everyone else that owns one of those types has the same problem.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The arbor mount laser on our early model Ridgid 12" miter saw paints the correct line when in the raised position. Because the angle of the laser is fixed the light goes off line as the saw head is brought down to the cutting position. In theory when the saw is in the raised position you position the work piece for the correct cut point. I never pay attention to ours and align the old fasioned way by bringing the saw blade down to the work piece and making my alignment before starting the cut.

Comment

I have the 10" Rigid and the laser line on the wood does not get cut. When I first got the saw I thought that the laser line was supposed to be the spot where the blade hits but that's not the case. It's next to the cit line. For exact cuts I do it the old fashioned way too and use the laser for quick cuts.
        Jim

Comment

To me with my poor eyesight the laser (although not acurate)
          does a great job at least lighting up the line area for making the cut.

Comment

Working...
          X