TP1300 dust chute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP1300 dust chute

For those that have this planer, I have a question. I bought my planer used and it didn't come with the little plastic chute that you hook up to a dust collection system or shop vac. I found one on Ebay and I was wondering if it would be worth buying it. I only have a shop vac as any sort of DC so that's part of the equation.

One thing that I've wondered is if it would work to install the chute, but instead of hooking it up to a shop vac, hook up a flexible hose to it that dumps directly into a trash can or something. Basically just collecting the wood chips rather than vacuuming them out. Anyone know?

Re: TP1300 dust chute

I use my ridgid shop vac connected to the dust chute and it works fine. The one time I had a lot of wood to plane (about 80 board feet of cypress) I thought I would be spending more time unloading the shop vac but only had to empty it once or twice. Granted I was only taking off about 1/16"-1/8" but went much better than expected.

I asked about just connecting a house once without suction on it and the general feeling was it would clog pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Pez View Post
      I use my ridgid shop vac connected to the dust chute and it works fine. The one time I had a lot of wood to plane (about 80 board feet of cypress) I thought I would be spending more time unloading the shop vac but only had to empty it once or twice. Granted I was only taking off about 1/16"-1/8" but went much better than expected.

I asked about just connecting a house once without suction on it and the general feeling was it would clog pretty quick.
      Sounds good. Guess I'm going to have to break down and buy that dust chute. Of course, it'll have to wait a little while considering how much I've spent in the past couple of weeks on tools and other things.

Comment

i had this planer hooked up to a shopvac (14 gal) for a little while, but it simply could not handle the amount of chips/dust a planer produces. I broke down and bought a true Dust Collector (delta 50-760 1 1/2 hp) and it works wonderfully at clearing all the dust. I would highly recommend getting a DC, and it really helps with the fine dust too.

Comment

Not sure how much they're selling for on eBay, but Cummins (ToolsNow) has them for $4.72 + tax + shipping.

http://www.toolsnow.com/browse.cfm/4,1740.html

I've seen them in the local Cummins retail store also for the same price.

Hope it helps!

-O&B

Comment

Well, the ToolsNow website does have them for 4.72, but then shipping is 12.99. The listing on Ebay has it for 12.99, but then only charges 5.75 for the shipping. So, Toolsnow wins by about $1.23, but it really annoys me to pay almost 3 times the price of what I'm buying in shipping alone. I'm going to wait and see if I can find a cheaper way to get it (unfortunately, they don't have any stores in Texas)

Comment

I have the 1300 and a 2 hp DC system. most of the time I use it out in the driveway without the dust chute on it and just rake up the pile of shavings when i'm done.
              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
                I have the 1300 and a 2 hp DC system. most of the time I use it out in the driveway without the dust chute on it and just rake up the pile of shavings when i'm done.

Yeah, that's what I did when I first tried the 1300 out. After the scowl that I received from my wife when she saw her car half covered in wood chips, I think I"m going to have to work out a better solution.

Comment

Working...
                X