X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Mitre Brake

I have a MS1250LS 12 inch Mitre that I need to repair the non-working brake on and replace the brushes. What parts are needed and where do I purchase them on line. Thanks for your help in advance.

Re: 12 Mitre Brake

Replacing the brushes may cure the brake issue. Some parts available here

Comment

Replaced the brushes but it didn't cure the problem. What's next?

Comment

Next on the list is the switch. It has two sets of contacts. Not sure if you can get the switch apart but if you can you may be able to clean the internal contacts. The N/C contacts are likely not closing fully so the breaking current can not be applied to the field.
        See the wiring/parts diagram

Comment

has replacing the switch solved the brake problem for others. I don't recall seeing posts where the switch has definitely solved the problem.
          Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

I took the switch apart which is real easy. It was dirty inside from arcing so I cleaned all the contacts and put it back together. Same thing brake is still not working.

Comment

Is there continuity through the braking coils?

Comment

Could you explain how I would check for continuity thur the braking coils with my ohm meter? Thanks

Comment

Are you sure your shaft bearings isn't bad? Does the blade ever slow down in a cut or gets stopped? Just curious....
                  Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by micman View Post
                    Could you explain how I would check for continuity Thur the braking coils with my ohm meter? Thanks
                    Look at the wiring diagram on page 12 of the link provided

Unplug the machine and hold the trigger open you should have resistance between the red brush lead and the gray brake lead

See the wiring/parts diagram
                    Last edited by wbrooks; 07-30-2008, 12:55 PM.

Comment

No continuity when switch is pulled to running/cutting position, continuity when switch is in off position.

Comment

I rechecked and there is no resistance in either open or closed positon.

Comment

Working...
                        X