Blowgun with Wide Tapered Nozzle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowgun with Wide Tapered Nozzle

I am wondering if anyone has seen a blowgun to attach to an air compressor that has a wide tapered nozzle. The el cheapo pump I use to inflate my kids' pool has one, and it is useful because you can stick it in a hole, and because it is tapered it forms a little bit of a seal when you start the air moving. It also seems like it would be useful for clearing out a condensate line for an A/C unit.

I have attached a picture of the kind of nozzle I am trying to describe.

You can also just tell me I am barking up the wrong tree and there is a better tool to do these kind of things.
    Attached Files

Re: Blowgun with Wide Tapered Nozzle

Something like this?

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0P?vName=Tools

Comment

Maybe you would like this blow gun kit to get started. You can add on additional tips and tubes as wanted. Please see pictures below. Keep in mind that most good blow guns use 1/8-27 NPT thread in the outlet just like 1/8 iron or threaded brass pipe fittings have. You can get some pipe nipples and make extensions at a low cost. A union on one end lets you screw in the wanted tip.

Please see pictures and let me know if any of them interest you. I can then PM you with how to get what you want.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Woussko; 07-04-2008, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Here is one with an extension of a little over a foot in length. Also, a nice chrome plated brass high quality more basic model with a nice rubber tip which removes so you can use it with all kinds of accessories. There are needle (big ones) tips for blowing into tight places.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
          Yep. Something exactly like that. If I walk down the models at the Sears site, it also looks like they have some cheaper stuff that would work out too.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
            Maybe you would like this blow gun kit to get started. You can add on additional tips and tubes as wanted. Please see pictures below. Keep in mind that most good blow guns use 1/8-27 NPT thread in the outlet just like 1/8 iron or threaded brass pipe fittings have. You can get some pipe nipples and make extensions at a low cost. A union on one end lets you screw in the wanted tip.

Please see pictures and let me know if any of them interest you. I can then PM you with how to get what you want.
            Yes, the first few tips you pasted are of interest to me. Going to send you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
              Here is one with an extension of a little over a foot in length. Also, a nice chrome plated brass high quality more basic model with a nice rubber tip which removes so you can use it with all kinds of accessories. There are needle (big ones) tips for blowing into tight places.
              FYI: If there is a Harbor Freight near you they have a couple different blow gun kits. They appear to be very similar to the kits sold at HD/Lowes at a lower cost.

Comment

While the pictures I posted are from a major industrial supply house and not a place that sells retail to the public you can find this kind of stuff at Harbor Freight and also Northern Tool. Here are some links that may be helpful. Also, if you have an eBay and PayPal account setup, look on there. I found over 50 listings and some have wild accessories for the blow guns. Keywords: blow gun, blow gun tips

http://search.harborfreight.com/cpis...tips&Submit=Go

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...atchallpartial

Update: Check auto parts stores and especially places like NAPA and PEP Boys if you have them in your area. Sometimes the automotive department at Walmart has some blow guns and tips. You need to prowl with eyes open. If you really get stuck PM me and we can figure out something. Sears is a place to look too.
                Last edited by Woussko; 07-05-2008, 06:57 PM.

Comment

CPW,

I just purchased the little 2-gal Craftsman compressor and it came with a rather cheap blow-gun nozzle with a several tips, including a rubber-tipped taper that can be used with "inflatables". I believe Sears sells this gun separately as the "1/4-inch Professional-type blow gun" for about $8.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Working...
                  X