X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New 33000 psi (RD80763) Pressure Washer -- 2 problems

Update: The UPS guy just delivered a small package from Robin America with a new switch in it. I have not had a chance to install it, but the switch feels very different than the one on the machine -- this one has a definite detent between the on and off positions.

Now to find a few minutes to install it....
    John

Comment

John,

Please keep us up to date on that switch situation.

We are all learning more and more about these models and it is kinda cool when we can post and learn from each other!

Have good one!

Freddy

Originally posted by jharris2 View Post
      Update: The UPS guy just delivered a small package from Robin America with a new switch in it. I have not had a chance to install it, but the switch feels very different than the one on the machine -- this one has a definite detent between the on and off positions.

Now to find a few minutes to install it....
      Don't squabble with the chickens
      Instead, soar
      with the eagles

Comment

I recently bought this pressure washer...3300 psi RD80763...The First One Fired right Up......idled Just Fine....but Put Out Smoke and Loss of Pressure whenever depressing wand. Returned for a second Unit...That One I even Drained Out all Factory Oil from..and Filled with the 18 ounce Bottle. The Unit Started Right Up and ran Fine for about 5 minutes....The Engine coughed and I lost water Pressure.......when walked back to Unit....The water Pump was Spraying water everywhere...and when You depressed the wand...Oil and water shot out of the Oil Vent on top of cat Pump 10 feet into the air...and Oil resivior was full of foam...water leaking into Oil Chamber...I returned secind for full refund. I am Depressed because all reviews of this Model were excellent.....and seems Like a well Built Unit with the features I wanted.....cat Pump.....quick release hose and attatchments. Has anybody else had this Problem???? seems really Sad to me that Went thru 2 Brand New Units,,,and Couldnt even get One Vehicle washed......followed Directions to the Tee...and I read that On the Cheaper 3000 psi Unit....on HD Page......that that One has had similar Problems......Interested in Hearing what other Luck People Have Had....and If Its Worth spending $600 again for such trouble Thanks..can Email Me Personally If any Body wants...C3Soule @aol.com

Comment

That is enough to loose confidence in the product. Two lemons in a row. What are the odds of that happening?
          I have not had your experiences. One point I noticed, you indicated you had drained the oil from the second unit and filled the unit with 18oz. of new fluid. Only a minor point but from my recollection the unit is shipped with 2 oz. for testing and they recommend still adding another 18oz. Not that it should cause all your problems!
          It sounds from your description the unit had some blown gaskets causing the problem, with oil flowing into the pump.
          The odds are enormous you would end up with a third lemon if you want to try it again! Good luck! Let us know what you decide.

Comment

Yes I Understand what Your saying about Draining the Oil....but the first One smoked So Bad and Thick it filled the neighborhood...so with the second...I took no chances...I drained the factory supposid 2 ounces of oil...to verify that I was In No way Overfilling it...........drained 7 Ounces of Oil from it........so as You can see.....this could Have been the problem with the Oil on first Unit...as I assumed the Manual was correct and added the 18 ounce bottle...anyway thank You for your respsonce...I really appreciate it...I am thinking I Just Had some Bad Luck....but am encouraging Positive responces to push me Over the edge and try it a third time...Thanks

Comment

I find your story very hard to believe!

Souleman,

I read your posts and to be honest with you, I find them very hard to believe.

Literally thousands of these Rigid 3300 pressure washers have been sold and nothing even close to your post has been mentioned.

I am still happy to report my 3300 is working incredibly nice and it is by far the best PW I have ever owned over the years.

Take care,

Freddy

PS Do you own any stock in Dewalt or Karcher or have you had a poor experience with Rigid in the past?

Last question: How much has your nose grown since you first posted?
              Last edited by soarwitheagles; 08-07-2008, 08:57 PM.
              Instead, soar
              with the eagles

Comment

What a Sad Response " Soaring with Eagles"...You Find it Hard to Believe???? You think I am Making this Up???? and If I had Stock in Dewalt..why would I purchase Ridgid??? Your Response is Childish!!!!..I was Looking for encouraging responses if others Had Good Luck Or Similar problems.......And can See this forum is a waste of Time with Idiots Like you in it..........Literally Thousands Sold?????....well 2 for 2 of Mine were Bad.......How Many others in that Thousnads?? I am Sure You have all the answers ...None that I will Listen too!!!!

Comment

Soulman,
                  Don't leave angry!
                  soaringwitheagles has posted many thoughtful responses and I am sure he meant no offense.
                  We are interested in how you fair with your next 3300psi unit. It was unfortunate the second pressure washer was overfilled with oil from the factory. A good lesson to learn, is to check the level of oil after each oil change. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Comment

When you say "change the oil" are you meaning in the engine or the pump? As for the engine, I would personally recommend a good long drain before putting any gasoline in the tank. Then I would use quality oil and measure it carefully.

If this is the 3,300 PSI model RD80763 / RD80964 which I think it is then the engine is a Subaru Robin model EX21 which would be easy to see from the label on it. What I found in the engine manual (Download from Subaru-Robin web site) is that they say it holds 20-1/4 Oz of oil. That's after a good full draining out. Their site says to use 10W-30, 20W-20 or 30 weight oil based on temperature. You need a good quality heavy duty engine oil and with it being summer and that pressure washers work engines hard I strongly advise use of a straight weight #30 oil. Do not use non-detergent oil and please no using brand X.

Now here is what they don't tell you. In case the engine isn't setup to the proper operating speed when running without load it may actually be running too fast. This will whip the oil and make it really foam.

Question for owners: Can you adjust the throttle speed or is it locked at the factory? If you can slow it down some that would be wise especially on a new unit. Give the engine a little break while it's new. Do not slow it down too much. No lugging it.

As for all the problems I really can't say. I don't have personal experience with the newer Robin OHC, OHV engines. I've heard they are very good but feel only time will tell.

Comment

This is for all owners of this model pressure washer or another machine with a Subaru-Robin EX series engine on it. Here is their version of the manual for it. I highly recommend downloading and printing it. They say change the oil at 20 hours and then every 100 hours. Please, please, please do yourself and the engine a huge favor. Change the oil after 5 hours and then again 5 hours and every 25 hours there after. You would not believe what will come out if you hot change the oil after the first few hours of operation. Be sure to give it a good long drain and with the engine warmed up so the oil pretty much gushes out the drain. This little engine holds less than a quart of oil. It's very cheap next to the cost of a full rebuild.

http://www.robinamerica.com/media/ma...8551584055.pdf
                      Last edited by Woussko; 08-12-2008, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                        This is for all owners of this model pressure washer or another machine with a Subaru-Robin EX series engine on it. Here is their version of the manual for it. I highly recommend downloading and printing it. They say change the oil at 20 hours and then every 100 hours. Please, please, please do yourself and the engine a huge favor. Change the oil after 5 hours and then again 5 hours and every 25 hours there after. You would not believe what will come out if you hot change the oil after the first few hours of operation. Be sure to give it a good long drain and with the engine warmed up so the oil pretty much gushes out the drain. This little engine holds less than a quart of oil. It's very cheap next to the cost of a full rebuild.

http://www.robinamerica.com/media/ma...8551584055.pdf
                        Woussko,

Thanks again for a great post that gives us excellent information straight from the manufacturer. I appreciate you and the insightful posts you give on a consistent basis. I downloaded the manual and will keep it for future references.

Hey, can you tell us exactly why it is a good idea to unload the oil after a 5+5 hour usage?

I haven't done so and I really would like to know what's going on.

Thanks,

Soarwitheagles
                        Instead, soar
                        with the eagles

Comment

Originally posted by Souleman View Post
                          What a Sad Response " Soaring with Eagles"...You Find it Hard to Believe???? You think I am Making this Up???? and If I had Stock in Dewalt..why would I purchase Ridgid??? Your Response is Childish!!!!..I was Looking for encouraging responses if others Had Good Luck Or Similar problems.......And can See this forum is a waste of Time with Idiots Like you in it..........Literally Thousands Sold?????....well 2 for 2 of Mine were Bad.......How Many others in that Thousnads?? I am Sure You have all the answers ...None that I will Listen too!!!!

Cluck, Cluck!

Whooooosh! Hear my eagles wings as I soar higher Soulishman.

Instead, soar
                          with the eagles

Comment

Brand new, my suburu power washer ridgid was brand out of the freakin' box new
                            the recoiler broke, first freAkin pull, it stayed and didnt recoil
                            why do we buy japanese crap, cause americans are lying and cheating us,,,now ridgid, why should i buy your broken junk,,, i need a recoiler that works, send it to me,, post paid and no arguements, youi broke it i didnt

this was a brand new machine out of the box, first try to start, it started, cord stayed out of recoiler,,,

going back to store,,, getting dewalt hahahahaa
                            RD80763 / RD80964 do not buy ridgid,,
                            Last edited by RIDGIDSUX; 09-19-2008, 08:33 PM. Reason: add

Comment

I have to say that the 3300 machine looks nice in person, but maybe Ridgid made a rush decision on having this built the way it was. I know you'll have a few lemons every now and then as anything mechanical can and will break. I feel sorry for those that take this thing right out of the box and have problems as I'd feel ripped too. And if I took it back and received another lemon I think I'd ask for my money back and go another route. So much for a fantastic product at a great price...... Before this thing came out nothing with these specs and claimed build quality existed in this price point. Maybe that engine/pump combination isn't as good as touted......... Just my opinion. Later!

Comment

I just bought this washer. Is there supposed to be an o-ring where the handle and wand screw together? Mine doesn't have one and water leaks all over you when you are using it.I don't think its right. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X