• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New 33000 psi (RD80763) Pressure Washer -- 2 problems

Yup, you should have an o-ring there.

Comment

Thanks niebs. I don't see the o-ring on the parts list.I'm not sure but it looks like it takes a 1/8" thick ring.Maybe someone from Ridgid can help.Thanks again

Comment

It is a metric size not SAE that HD or Lowe's may have in the plumbing section . There is a groove on the male tip. Lowes has a set of orings for PW fittings in the PW accessories section, that would work if you do not mind buying a set, or look at that set to match up the size in the plumbing section.
        BTW, silicone grease for plumbing on the rubber will help the last longer.

Comment

Thanks Andrew. I found one at work that fits its 3/32" thick by 3/8 inside.Used it yesterday and no water leaks.

Comment

New 3000 p.s.i. RD80746 presure washer stoped running during full throttel operation. Unable to restart, no spark to plug, from reading this forum I'm thinking the switch may be the problem. Any other ideas.

Comment

Test the switch continuity, if OK then go to the spark plug asnd see if there is a spark, ground the plug to the head and pull the rope. Next would be fuel to the carb,close fuel shutoff, drain fuel bowl , leave open , open valve and see if fuel comes into the bowl. Choke also should be checked.
              I though they said these Subrau engines were as good as Honda GX's ? I have never had any problem with my Honda engines. Are these the commercial type build?

Comment

PS. wished I could find the parts easier, tried to see how much the pump was and couldn't even find the pump by using the number they gave me for the RD80763 which is 308694002. I am not able to get into the pressure washer area very easy at all, it is like they don't sell them. What is it under power tools? That didn't work either. I am just a poor lost sole. buschman

Comment

OPPS, guess my first note didn't get sent. I bought a new 3300 and love it, started up and ran great. Am worried about the oil problem so will change it at 5 hrs as noted. I did have a problem with the thing not picking up soap water so called support, holy cow, I wished one of their exec's would start like I did and try to get support for the pressure washer, it is like they don't sell them, what are they under? Power tools, they didn't have a separate listing for pressure washers. Somehow I found it. The lady walked me though my problem, turn the motor off, turn the water off, the pull the trigger on the gun, this takes the apparent air lock out, by the way, not in the manual under problem solving. Then you while holding the trigger, turn the water on, then start the engine, try doing this by your self. Yea! it worked. I am just glad I didn't have the problems others have had, I have been told the engine is as good or better than the Honda but quieter, boy, Honda must be noisy. Wished I could find a quieter muffler. This little jewel works great on my Airstream and its awnings.

Comment

The thing most companies usually ask is "are you using the right nozzle" when having detergent issues......... duh....... I have found that if my detergent hose is too high in the air it will have a hard time pulling the soap. I recently installed a basket that I could sit a 1 gallon tank into so I wouldn't have to carry it around when I move the machine. Well I routed the hose up over the taller part of the frame and down into the detergent tank and that was a problem. I simply re-routed it to a lower location and it started pulling again. But mine isn't a 3300. Could be another issue altogether. Later!

Comment

I sure am glad they have some helpful people on this forum, getting through to the ridgid help line is all but impossible. I did get my soap to start drawing by getting the air lock relieved by: with the engine off, water off and holding the pressure gun trigger on, then holding the trigger on, turning the water on and starting the engine, it cleared the air lock, hard to do by yourself. I like the recommendation of the velcro on the frame to keep the gun in its cradle. Also the gallon can in the basket is also a good idea when moving the unit around. Think I will get an extension hose so I don't have to move it at all.

Comment

After reading some of the horror stories here I almost passed on buying the Ridgid 3300 pressure washer. I tried in vain to find a deal on the big Dewalt, before coming back to the Ridgid unit. I was coming from a 1,000 psi, 2.1 gpm electric. Not the all-in-one type but an AR triplex brass headed pump with a Baldor motor. Nice unit, but cleaning time for decks and such was more than my back wanted to put up with. I have had extremely good luck with my Fuji/Subaru/Wisconsin EY18 motor-30 years without a hiccup, so that was a plus. I have also been impressed with Cat pumps-not really any more so than AR or General units-but still, I felt it was a quality unit. I don't use this unit commercially, just around the house and shop. I put a liquid filled pressure gauge on it and it shows between 3,000 and 3,100 psi. The motor starts more readily than any outdoor power equipment engine that I have ever used. Overall, I am extremely pleased with this pressure washer.

Kim

Comment

Place the gauge on a "T" at the outlet where the wand hose QD is, while running with trigger pulled. If you get 3000psi then that is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
                            Place the gauge on a "T" at the outlet where the wand hose QD is, while running with trigger pulled. If you get 3000psi then that is great.
                            I did...and I do.

Kim

Comment

Working...
                            X