Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Jig Saw Problem

BOLO:
    We had a guy bring his jig saw back in the other day. Said the blade would not lock down in it, I figured he just didn't know how to install the blade. Well after 15 minutes of trying to get the Bosch T blades to seat properly I went and got a pack of Dewalts (only 2 brands we stock) and tried them. Guess what? They didn't seat properly either.
    We refunded the guys money and he bought a Bosch that the blades fit perfectly.
    The Ridgid problem is that the mechanism to hold the blade in has to rotate around the bottom side of the tee shank and it doesn't because the blade won't seat all the way in. I even pulled two new ones off the shelf and tried them, both exhibited the same flaw.
    I've quit recommended the Ridgid until they fix that problem. You would think for $139. that the blade would at least stay in when cutting.
    sigpicSeldom Wrong, BUT Never in Doubt

Re: Ridgid Jig Saw Problem

You have to press the blade in hard while locking otherwise it will not seat properly. I still like my old Swiss made Bosch best that uses a screwdriver on the top of the handle to tighten the blade. I have the cordless model in Ridgid. Bosch or Lenox are the best blades.

Comment

I returned my first Ridgid cordless because of the blade locking problem. When I experianced the same issue with the second saw I started messing with it. Two things are necessary for the blade to go in to the chuck and seat properly.
      1-Turn the saw upside down and look at the chuck. When you push the lever all the way it over rotates the blade chuck. Back off until the holder is aligned straight and then push the blade in.........
      2-As Andrew said, the blade must be pushed firmly in order to seat fully and lock in place.
      Kind of a pain at first, but a piece of cake after a couple of times!

Comment

Yeah I understand how it's suppose to work, but on the 3 that I worked with the other night it didn't work that way. I finally took a pair pliers and tapped on the blade a few times and got it down a little. On the customer's saw it would just barely catch and then when you tried to saw, the blade would pop out. Something is wrong when you have to tap the point of a blade to get it to seat properly.
        Maybe another brand of blades would work better or as I suggested to the customer that he file the bottom of the tee shank a little to get it to seat. The customer said he wasn't going to pay $139 for a saw that he had to file the blades to use it. I don't blame him one bit.
        sigpicSeldom Wrong, BUT Never in Doubt

Comment

I had the same problem using Bosch blades. Give the blade a light tap when you insert it and it will probably catch. When I look at the blade locking mechanism and it has rotated more than 30 degrees upon release, it normally means the blade is locked in as good as it can be.

Comment

Working...
          X