• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TS3650 Buy or no Buy

I'd go for it.

Comment

I was looking on the Ridgid parts for the rails and it looks like it would cost $200+ to buy. Does this make sense or should I buy something else?

Unless I can get the rails at a less expensive resource or get something different (better) for the same price i'm not sure it makes sense. I already have an Incra V27 so not having the miter gauge doesn't bother me.

Bob R

Comment

Originally posted by BobR View Post
        I was looking on the Ridgid parts for the rails and it looks like it would cost $200+ to buy. Does this make sense or should I buy something else?
        If you need a replacement then something else, I'd say. Otherwise they are good enough.

One thing though, the reials are made of aluminum and it's not good if aluminum is in contact with steel.

Having said that, I bought a TS3650 yesterday on at 20% off in HD and I'm in the process of putting it together so there I have little to add about how the saw works and feels, except that it is heavy and greased up

I hit a point where I need to go and get some plastic parts to make sure the steel bolts are not in contact with any aluminum parts.

I did a thorough reaserch and went through 3 table saws in the last month (I bought them and then returned within a couple days):

Robi BTS21 - good where precision and consistency of cut is of secondary importance.

Rona's Expert Contractor's saw (Canadian harware store) - they probably eyeballed the dimensions and some of the parts sizes. Great and precise fence alignment bu the fence itself is 1/16" out of square around its short edges.

Craftsman 27413 (kinda Ryobi bt3100 on steroids) - a little gimmicky with all the features, none seeming to be of top notch quality. Retails at $899 but can be had for $549

TS3650, well, it better be good because I don't feel like hauling 280 lbs back to HD.

Btw. this is a great forum and I've been lurking here for a few weeks now. Posts and suggestions by some on this forum helped me diecide I want a ts3650.

Thanks.
        In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Originally posted by BobR View Post

Unless I can get the rails at a less expensive resource or get something different (better) for the same price i'm not sure it makes sense. I already have an Incra V27 so not having the miter gauge doesn't bother me.

Bob R
          Which fence you like best is a matter of opinion, but $200+ puts you into the Delta T2, Vega U26, or Shop Fox Aluma Classic, which I think are all upgrades to the stock Ridgid fence IMO. Since Lowes clearanced the $350 Biesemeyer out last year for ~ $80, you might find one on Ebay or Craigslist....or someone may be selling a nice used fence since grabbing a cheap Biese. Keep yours eyes peeled.

Comment

Update on the table saw

I purchased the saw for $200.

Brought it home and started to assemble and noted the parts that were missing. They included the rails, miter gauge, and some of the parts for the hercu-lift.

Called Ridgid to see if they would do anything for me. Was told to box up and take back to the Home Depot. I've declined that offer.

I plan on keeping the saw. I will purchase the Delta T2 fence and rails from Rockler for $150. A friend from Home Depot has an extra hercu-lift he will sell (price unknown yet).

Still will be a good deal.

Has anyone had any experince installing the Delta T2's to the Ridgid TS3650?

Bob R

Comment

Working...
            X