X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dewalt Saw

FYI: DEWALT has released the DW717 10-inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw which claims a 12" cross cutting capacity at 45 degrees. It weighs 51 lbs and has a tall fence and dual horizontal steel rails with linear ball bearings. The price was $529
    (The new Milwaukee 12" miter saw has arrived in the stores too!)

Re: New Dewalt Saw

I will be interested to see how it pans out from users as to accuracy, repeatability and durability. I have had good luck with DeWalt in the past, but with all the mergers, etc, I can't just rely on brand name for quality any more.
    When my 16 yr old Craftsman 8 1/2" SCMS finally gives up I will be in the market for a new one. My only hope is that I can get one that will hold up to all the abuse and still cut the hair off a gnat's behind like the one I have.

Go
    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
      I will be interested to see how it pans out from users as to accuracy, repeatability and durability. I have had good luck with DeWalt in the past, but with all the mergers, etc, I can't just rely on brand name for quality any more.
      When my 16 yr old Craftsman 8 1/2" SCMS finally gives up I will be in the market for a new one. My only hope is that I can get one that will hold up to all the abuse and still cut the hair off a gnat's behind like the one I have
      The Makita LS1013 ten-inch slider just got a price reduction to $399 which may spoil the introduction of these new saws. You might be in the market soon..........

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
        The Makita LS1013 ten-inch slider just got a price reduction to $399 which may spoil the introduction of these new saws. You might be in the market soon..........
        That blue saw is a nice one for sure. I happen to wish the fence was taller. When I go looking for a new miter saw I'll check both of the blue brands, not just the sexy girl brand.

Makita = 2 hot girls

Comment

Working...
        X