X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• band saws under $500

for anyone considering a band saw, the current issue of wood magazine ( my subscription arrived today) reviews several band saws. the ridgid doesn't fair particularly well.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Re: band saws under $500

No...........
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yes that is right. I even emailed Ridgid marketing and tech support to request information about the New Version of the current band saw. I told them that the article stated that it would be out in late 2008, and that I wanted to wait if it was going to be out soon or if they could convince me they were going to meet the Ridgid Standards for quality.

The response was lousy and a real disappointment. I think I am going to buy a Grizzly.

SMP

Comment

I did not considered the Ridgid band saw due to the numerous poor reviews it has received. I purchased a 1 horse Jet for less than $500 new.
        Took it out of the box, set it up and it runs well. I thought the motor mount a little under engineered, but whatever. It could benefit from a link belt, I will get around to that. Installed a Carter 1/4 inch blade and am happy as is. Now, my needs are really very light duty, so I have not pushed the machine, but I am pleased with it, out of the box, as is. My .0002c.
        Steve.

Comment

Working...
        X