Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 3000 psi RD80746 problem?

Hello all,

This was my first purchase of gas pressure washer and a first for Ridgid. I have read a lot of good and bad things about ridgid but since looking around for a pressure washer, this seemed to be a good deal for what it was.

I purchased the 3000PSI RD80746 today. It was brand new in box and completed the full assembly correctly. Was pretty straight forward. After assembling it all together, I followed the instructions to make sure I ran the hose for 30 seconds before connecting to make sure the line was clean. Started the motor which fired up on the first pull - I was happy because all power equipment I own is honda and that works the same way. Then once warmed up, I pull the trigger, get pressure for a couple of seconds and the motor turns off!. That;s not good!.

So I have checked all my connections, which looks good but decided to use a new hose just incase I missed anything. Still, engine fires up on first pull, I can see and feel the pressure in the pressure hose to the wand. As soon as I pull the trigger, 2 to 3 seconds later, the thing turns off?

So what;s the deal? Is Ridgid just crap or am i doing something wrong here. This isn't exactly rocket science, but then again I aint no rocket scientist. Any advice anyone? I could take it back and replace it but i don;'t want to only to find out it's a cheap product? Any suggestions are welcome.

Re: Ridgid 3000 psi RD80746 problem?

I have the 3300psi unit and have not experienced that problem.
    It sounds like the pump is not communicating with the engine, maybe the unloader on the pump is the problem, I would either call customer service for help or return it for a new unit. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Let us know how it works out for you.

Comment

I know this sounds stupid, but lets cover the basics. Your experiencing this at full throttle with the choke off correct? If your looking at the engine from the back, full throttle is all the way left. I found its easier to start the engine with the trigger pulled and let the engine warm up a few seconds, turn off the choke, and move the throttle to full throttle and let the rpms stabilize. Once the rpms are constant I let off the trigger and let the engine warm up for a minute or so. Then I start power washing. Only other thing I can think off is that its possible you still have air in the line even though you bleed the air out for 30 seconds. Try bleeding the air out for longer than 30 seconds and don't put a nozzle on the end when your bleeding the air out. Once your done bleeding the air, then install the nozzle you need.

Comment

OK,

The choke was not engaged and it was at full throttle. I called ridgid and they said the same thing, bleed the hose line longer than the 30 seconds and try again. Also, told me not to have the hose on a reel but laid out straight on the ground. EUREKA, That fixed it. Like you said, there was still air in the line and had to bleed it our for over a minute. It started to do the same thing again and the customer service said pump the trigger 8 to tem times rapidly and that will remove any back pressure and air in the line. So i did what they said and it fired up and the pressure washer is awesome!. Thanks for all your posts and replies. MY first Ridgid purchase, and so far a very good purchase. So my first problem with the Ridgid equates to USER ERROR!. Hate to admit it, but I am the USER!.

Comment

Hi all......the

i just bought the ridgid 3000 so far so good........ i am have trouble with the soap despencer the rear is not work i have not tried the front. Am i missing anything?

Comment

I also purchased a new RD80746 and am unable to get any amount of pressure from it when I use it.
            Could it be that there is air in the line from the factory? Is it something else?
            Thanks
            Erick

Originally posted by Den69RS96 View Post
            I know this sounds stupid, lets cover the basics. Your experiencing this at full throttle with the choke off correct? If your looking at the engine from the back, full throttle is all the way left. I found its easier to start the engine with the trigger pulled and let the engine warm up a few seconds, turn off the choke, and move the throttle to full throttle and let the rpms stabilize. Once the rpms are constant I let off the trigger and let the engine warm up for a minute or so. Then I start power washing. Only other thing I can think off is that its possible you still have air in the line even though you bleed the air out for 30 seconds. Try bleeding the air out for longer than 30 seconds and don't put a nozzle on the end when your bleeding the air out. Once your done bleeding the air, then install the nozzle you need.

Comment

When you hook everything up to the unit it's a good idea to run water through it for several minutes to purge any air out of all lines, that is with the engine off. Then once started I'd recommend running more water through with no tips in place, just low pressure until you have a smooth steady flow. Then insert the tip you want to use and have at it. If the high pressure isn't kicking in with a high pressure tip something is wrong. Later!

Comment

I too have a problem with the front. It does not pull the soap out of the jug and into the water line. Anyone have an idea why?

Comment

Hi, my friends unit has plenty of water running thru pump, then hose, then nozzle. When you start the pump, the water won't flow. It shuts off and the pump keeps running?

Comment

Working...
                  X