Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Table saws TS-3650 and TS-3660: differences?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table saws TS-3650 and TS-3660: differences?

Good day,
    Can anyone tell me the differences between TS-3650 and TS-3660 table saws? The only thing I can find in the specifications and parts manuals so far, is that 3650 weighs 287 lbs. and 3660 weighs 300 lbs. I do not have a built up version of both available to compare.

Re: Table saws TS-3650 and TS-3660: differences?

Originally posted by bjamieson View Post
    Good day,
    Can anyone tell me the differences between TS-3650 and TS-3660 table saws? The only thing I can find in the specifications and parts manuals so far, is that 3650 weighs 287 lbs. and 3660 weighs 300 lbs. I do not have a built up version of both available to compare.
    The 3660 comes in 1 box instead of two and has two extra leg supports; otherwise I think they are pretty much the same.

Comment

Thank you,
      I suppose that explains the 13 lb. difference. I have been reading data in the forum regarding difficulties installing and fitting the Her-cu-lift, so maybe the updated legs helps with this? The guy at Home Depot told me they are identical except that the 3660 comes with the fence rails attached. So maybe these minor changes warrant the application of new part number.

Comment

The guy at Home Depot told me they are identical except that the 3660 comes with the fence rails attached.
        He didn't know what he was talking about.
        The only difference is what CPW said.

Comment

Originally posted by bjamieson View Post
          Thank you,
          I suppose that explains the 13 lb. difference. I have been reading data in the forum regarding difficulties installing and fitting the Her-cu-lift, so maybe the updated legs helps with this? The guy at Home Depot told me they are identical except that the 3660 comes with the fence rails attached. So maybe these minor changes warrant the application of new part number.
          Wont' help with the herculift. The only thing it will do is make it less likely for home depot to lose pieces (read the smaller box). And also isntead of having a upper cross member between the front legs and another one between the rear legs ; there are four (adding one between the left and another between the right set of legs); which should make the saw slightly stiffer.

Comment

Working...
          X