A Couple of TS2410LS questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Couple of TS2410LS questions

I have a few questions that I hope some experts here can help me with.

1. I was happy to find out that my router table feather board would fit in the miter slot and works great. Unfortunately the T-Bolts for my fence feather boards are too big. Does anyone have a reccomendation for bolts size to fit the fence on the TS2410?

2. Blade question. The saw came with a 28 tooth blade and I surprised how clean it cut. Of course it removes an 1/8" of material so you have to factor that in. Is there a link somewhere that has reccomended blades and tooth count for different types of work?

3. Those that have a router, is it easier to cut dados on the TS or the router? General question and I guess it is going to be dependent on the job but if either tool would do the job which do you use?

4. I am pretty big on safety and witnessed a couple of nasty injuries in my high school metal shop days. Also I worked at a print shop and witnessed someone sending their hand through a press. I also torqued my elbow pretty badly using my industrial power drill last year when the hole saw got bound up.

With all that said, the blade guard on this saw seem very floppy and gangly. I actually have a feeling it might distract me while I am working. Any tips on when you would use it and how I can use it safely? I might search for some video tips which seem to be big these days.

Any help, advice or comments are very welcome.

Thanks

Re: A Couple of TS2410LS questions

Answering a couple of my own questions.

Also found a ton of good tips here WW online Podcast

Originally posted by RoyBullets View Post
    I have a few questions that I hope some experts here can help me with.

1. I was happy to find out that my router table feather board would fit in the miter slot and works great. Unfortunately the T-Bolts for my fence feather boards are too big. Does anyone have a reccomendation for bolts size to fit the fence on the TS2410?
    0.25" hex head seems to do the trick. Still looking at some smaller t-bolts to keep from slipping.

2. Blade question. The saw came with a 28 tooth blade and I surprised how clean it cut. Of course it removes an 1/8" of material so you have to factor that in. Is there a link somewhere that has reccomended blades and tooth count for different types of work?
    Saw Blades 101 at Rockler

3. Those that have a router, is it easier to cut dados on the TS or the router? General question and I guess it is going to be dependent on the job but if either tool would do the job which do you use?
    Still not sure but the dado blades run about $100 for the TS so I will be using the router for a long time.

4. I am pretty big on safety and witnessed a couple of nasty injuries in my high school metal shop days. Also I worked at a print shop and witnessed someone sending their hand through a press. I also torqued my elbow pretty badly using my industrial power drill last year when the hole saw got bound up.

With all that said, the blade guard on this saw seem very floppy and gangly. I actually have a feeling it might distract me while I am working. Any tips on when you would use it and how I can use it safely? I might search for some video tips which seem to be big these days.
    Just was not looking at the guard correctly. Will use it mostly except on dados, etc.

Any help, advice or comments are very welcome.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X