• Show
Clear All

Re: Shop Vacs

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
    Dry? That's what a broom is for!
    Broom? That's what a wife is for!

Comment

14-gal here, like it well enough. Got it after a 5-yr old Craftsman died. Quieter but the casters suck more than the vacuum. Wouldn't even rotate 360 without hitting the little covers, had to take a dremel to them and one caster snapped off. Still haven't gotten around to ordering a new caster, I just drag the gimp around by force.

Comment

Shop vac is Powerful, flexible, affordable, durable, lovable
        rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

Originally posted by peerawit View Post
          Shop vac is Powerful, flexible, affordable, durable, lovable
          That is why mine lasted ten months I suppose!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have a Porter Cable power tool actuated model that's really great. Long cord, low dust and you can plug power tools into it so it'll run for a few seconds and then automatically shutdown after the tool is shutdown. Very nice. Also has pleated auto style air filter with a little shaker on the bottom. Just reach over and flick the shaker gets the junk off the filter. Wife bought it for me about 5 years ago and it's seen heavy use. Think it was in the $200 range.

Comment

my experience is that, the 12 gal and the 16 gal are ear deafening.. its way too loud i guess.. and secondly, the 6 gal lacks accessories, compared with shop vac.

Comment

Originally posted by michael stephen View Post
                my experience is that, the 12 gal and the 16 gal are ear deafening.. its way too loud i guess.. and secondly, the 6 gal lacks accessories, compared with shop vac.
                I agree,the 12 gal is especially horrible in noise, for me not worth even the $29 on BF. Bought one and went back the next day.
                The WD1850 is the best design I have used from Ridgid,[I have 3 -16 gal and 1- 4 gal] it is 16 gal but has baffle design , the standard design, and blower/vacs are loud but this model is not, I use Cleanstream filters in all my larger Ridgid vacs, and use the exaugst mufflers too. I have older 16gal contractor/cart style and a blower/vac too. The wd 4070 4 gal is very good, used it for small water pickup and never had a problem with removing any toilet water left after you flush it , should not be even a gallon left there. You see it used on DIY TV all the time for that use too. I never would depend on any vac to stop cleanly if overfilled with water. Usually you do not want to go over 1/2 fill with wet pickup or you can have splashing through the vac.
                HD now is carring 1 7/8" "pro"accessories , metal wands and better quality hoses. They also have had paper bags for all the vacs. too not sure why some think they do not make them or they do not fit the vacs. Shop vac brand fit too. They can be expensive at $4-5 each for the 16 gal. You need to use the filter too. I guess if you needed to be sure of the dust collection a bag is insurance. I think the cleanstream filters work well enough alone. With drywall sanding I use a water separator bucket that traps most of the fine dust., acts like mini cyclone. You can use it for wood dust too.

Comment

Working...
                X