X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Freud TS Blades

Avanti are not like the Ridgid. They have the newer anti vibration lazer cuts and are thicker carbide. Ti coating holds up well. They are TK style, more like some of the Diablo blades. Ask Charles M., the freud rep at woodnetforums.net for info.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
      Avanti are not like the Ridgid. They have the newer anti vibration lazer cuts and are thicker carbide. Ti coating holds up well. They are TK style, more like some of the Diablo blades. Ask Charles M., the freud rep at woodnetforums.net for info.
      Andrew, I'm curious, have you ever seen anywhere where Charles has actually admitted that Freud makes those blades for Ridgid. I can't recall anyone ever getting him to admit that's the case. I know the general consensus seems to be that Freud makes those Ridgid blades but I just don't recall ever seeing anything "official" to confirm that as fac

EDIT: I just saw you thread on the WoodNet Forum ask Charles about the RIDGID blades. Maybe is answer in that thread will clear up whether or not Freud makes or does not make those blades for RIDGID.
      Last edited by BadgerDave; 07-28-2008, 01:46 PM.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyBullets View Post
        Velosapien,
        I have a Sears hardware not too far away but I guess I did not notice the Freud blades last time I was there. I will swing by tomorrow.

Hewood,
        I did see the Avanti blades over at Lowes. How do they compare the the Diablo and Industrial L series?

BTW I really appreciate all the help and advice here. The last time I bought a circular saw blade was about 20 years ago and there were very few choices. I just bought the cheapest thing I could find with a fine tooth.

Thanks for the education.
        According to Charles, the Avanti and Diablo are made to the same specs from the same materials, but are marketed to different niches. The Industrial line tends to have larger teeth and a much larger selection...that's the line to aim for IMHO....especially on sale. Charles wouldn't or couldn't confirm whether or not Freud makes the Ridgid Titanium line, but there are too many similaries including packaging, country of originin, features, and geometries to draw any other conclusion.

Comment

Charles did reply as you said , basically could not confirm or deny b/c it is a Ridgid product. They sure look like Freud blades to me, and the one I used is very good.

Comment

I use a 80T Diablo, it cuts clean.

http://www.freud-tools.com/freudcondser.html

http://www.rockler.com/articles/disp...fm?story_id=72

Last edited by rom57; 07-30-2008, 09:31 PM.

Comment

I've had good results from the Avanti series. Great blades for the money.

Comment

I was not able to find the L series at Woodcraft and I could not wait for the online order so I picked up the 80T Diablo. I will be using this week on a couple of small projects.

ROM57 since you are in Houston as well, have found any good lumber yards that you reccomend?

Comment

Working...
                X