X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freud TS Blades

I have been doing some research on blades for my T2410 and found some great links here thanks!

Looking at the Freud blades, does anyone know the difference between the D1060X and the LU88R010? Both 10" 60T with about the same specs as far as I can tell but the LU88R010 is about $15 more on Amazon.

Freud website does not even list the Diablo blades that I can find so it seems they are an OEM blade or something?

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Freud TS Blades

The D Series blades and TK Series blades are primarily construction grade while the L Series are industrial grade. The amount of carbide in the teeth of the L Series blades is greater which translates into more times that the blade can be sharpened. In the long run, the L Series will end up costing you less.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The diablo series is their middle of the line group while the L series is their pro line. The diablo's usually have a higher tooth hook angle which makes them cut more aggressively in portable lower powered saws at the expense of cut quality. The L series has lower hook angles so they cut cleaner with less tear out. They also have better anti-vibration grooves cut on the plate which makes them quieter and vibrate/wobble less. Besides that the L series is available in all sorts of tooth configurations and kerf widths.
      Last edited by Velosapien; 07-23-2008, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys for the quick replies! My local HD does not carry the LU series so I will have to look around or order from Amazon. If the LU will give better performance and life $15 is not much more to pay.

Comment

I took a closer look at the two blades you are considering and it looks like they are quite close in performance. The are both thin kerf 60T 15d hook with ATB grind so they should actually cut just about the same. The main difference should be the better anti-vibration grooves and thicker carbide on the L blade.

Comment

Badger Dave pretty accurately summed up the differences. The Industrial series goes on sale often enough at Amazon that you can usually get them for around the same price as the Diablo or TK/Avanti series. Hook angles are model specific, the 60T Diablo, Avanti, and LU88 have nearly identical geometries.

FWIW, the LU88 is one of my favorites.

Comment

Diablo crosscut and combo blades are all 15d hook angle. They don't have much variety there. I noticed they are no longer on the Freud website. Could they have been discontinued?

Comment

I was over a the HD closer to my house today and they did not have the 1060x I was sort of looking at but they have the 1080X. I noticed it has all the same anti-vibration as the L series. Yep the Diablo do not seem to be on the website.

I cannot find the L series at any hardware store around me which I though would not be the case in a city like Houston. I will have to take the long hike to WoodCraft, Rockler or order online or go with the Diablo's or RIDGID brand.

Comment

Do you have a Sears close to you? Around here Sears carries some of the more popular L series blades.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyBullets View Post
                    I was over a the HD closer to my house today and they did not have the 1060x I was sort of looking at but they have the 1080X. I noticed it has all the same anti-vibration as the L series. Yep the Diablo do not seem to be on the website.

I cannot find the L series at any hardware store around me which I though would not be the case in a city like Houston. I will have to take the long hike to WoodCraft, Rockler or order online or go with the Diablo's or RIDGID brand.
                    If you have a Lowe's near you, they might have the Avanti TK406....

Comment

Velosapien,
                      I have a Sears hardware not too far away but I guess I did not notice the Freud blades last time I was there. I will swing by tomorrow.

Hewood,
                      I did see the Avanti blades over at Lowes. How do they compare the the Diablo and Industrial L series?

BTW I really appreciate all the help and advice here. The last time I bought a circular saw blade was about 20 years ago and there were very few choices. I just bought the cheapest thing I could find with a fine tooth.

Thanks for the education.

Comment

The Avanti line is the lowest end of their line. They are equivalent in specs to the Diablo but lack the red reflon coating and have no anti-vibration grooves which makes them extremely loud. In my experience they also tend to deflect easily if the cut is too deep, most likely a direct result of no vibration reduction. Not worth it in my opinion since you can usually get an L blade for not much more.

Comment

You might try the Ridgid gold coated blades. The 24th 6.5" cuts great on my Fuego, almost no tearout even though it is marked for Framing. There are 3 ;10" blades , 50th combo,60 & 80? th at our HD. They are made by Freud but do NOT have a lifetime quality guarantee like the Freud blades and are not really a bargain in price. The look like the "L" in TK.

The PC razor riptide made in USA by Oldham is the best bargain all purpose blade I have found. Can be used on any 10"saw, and is $27 at HD.

Comment

I will probably stay away from the Avanti then.

I noticed the Ridgid blades look pretty good but cost a little more but I will not quibble over $10 at this point.

I am thinking I want 3 blades at this point. The 28 T that came with the saw seems pretty good for ripping. I want a good cross cut that is 60 or 80 T. Last I probably will get something in between or a speciality blade.

I have to say I am so far ahead right now from what I have been working with I can only believe the quality of the cuts are going to be better that my ancient, inherited circular saw and my jigsaw.

Thanks.

Comment

The Ridgid blades as far as I'm aware are made by Freud and are based on or similar to the Avanti and Diablo lines.

Comment

Working...
                              X