No announcement yet.

EB4424 Storage/mounting suggestions???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB4424 Storage/mounting suggestions???

Like many, I've got limited space in my garage workshop. Since I purchased it a few months ago, my Ridgid Oscillating Edge Belt / Spindle Sander (EB4424) has taken up residence on my workbench. But I need my workbench space back. Does anyone have any suggestions on a convenient yet space-saving way to store or mount the sander?

Thanks in advance!
    -O&B

Re: EB4424 Storage/mounting suggestions???

i mounted it to a piece of 3/4" plywood. the plywod has two holes in it so i can hang it on the wall. my miter saw stand also has a piece of 3/4" plywood mounted to it, as does my miter saw and a couple of other tools. all i do to use a tool is clamp it to the plywood that's resident on the miter saw stand.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Thanks Finer,

So you actually hang the plywood with the EB4424 mounted to it on the wall? I like the idea of using the miter saw station - I have an MSUV with my miter saw mounted to it. But it would be easy to mount the miter saw to a piece of plywood and make it possible to use the stand with multiple tools: EB4424, bench grinder, miter saw, planer, etc. I hadn't thought about that!

Thanks for the tip!
      -O&B

Comment

I made rolling stands one 24" one 36" and a storage cabinet. All my portable machines are on the same size chunk of plywood and both stands have a cutout frame to hold all the tools, there are screws with wooden hold downs on each side to secure the tools. The little drill press has been replaced by a floor model and my EB4424 now resides in that spot.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Wayne!

I like the idea of mounting the various tools to the same size piece of plywood, thus having the ability to interchange them on to the same mobile base. Excellent idea!!!!

I appreciate you posting the pics as well. Makes it a lot easier to visualize the idea!

Thanks again!

-O&B

Comment

Working...
          X