X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid Lifetime Warranty

Wow, I bought a Ridgid cordless drill for the same reason as all of you. The Lifetime warranty. I sent in the proof of purchase, the bar code label filled out the paperwork they requested, and for safety measures, I copied everythngon the foreign language copy to remind myself. I don't have the receipt any more, I had to send it in or a copy anyway, I never heard from Ridgid, and 8 months later, the charger Led's aren't working. I'm not sure its worth the bother to get a replacement or even send it off to repair it. Probably should have bought something else where I can get another one. Scarey.

Comment

Anyone have any luck. I know there is another thread going. I have still not had any return reply from any ariy Ridgid CS rep since my ProBrand PM was sent. Some reply should be sent stating what is going on. As for me, I am not going to buy anymore Ridgid prower tools until I have this resolved.
      How hard would it be for Ridgig to send a bulk email to us to say something is being done and be patient....?

Comment

I brought my first Ridgid power tools a few months ago. They were a good deal, but I really didn't need the tools as I already owned perfectly good tools from another manufacturer. It was the advertized LSA that really made the deal. I would not have bought them if it were not for the LSA.

I registered on-line and sent in the requested material (copy of reciept and original UPC code). This was done within the first week of getting the tools.

It has now been 12 weeks and I have not heard anything and the 'dashboard' still reflects 3 years warranty.

I am now going to have to call them and find out what is going on (the on-line support can't help me). This is not what I expected, and from the stories I read in this forum, this is not unusual.

This in itself turns me off buying another Ridgid tool.

I now have to dig out the copies I made of the paperwork I sent in and call them. My concern now is, if they say they didn't receive the paperwork, it is now past the 90 days in which they require you to register for the LSA, and I no longer have the original UPC as I sent it to them and only have a copy.

If they don't honor the warranty I will not buy another of their tools, because I won't trust them. Even if they do honor it, I'll hesitate buying any more because registering them is just a hassle.

The tools are good, but I am an unhappy customer. If other people are having similar difficulties, it is not doing anything for their reputation, and is hurting their future sales.

Comment

I took my Ridgid drill and batteries to an "authorized" repair facility to warranty the batteries. It's been weeks and they tell me the batteries are on backorder! Needless to say, I'm not too impressed with Ridgids service...

Comment

I purchased a Ridgid tablesaw 12 years ago, never had a problem, I have purchased many othe Ridgid tools with the "LIFETIME" warranty. The handcrank to raise and lower the sawblade on my table saw broke, the other handcrank that changes the angle looks like it will fail shortly. Well my "LIFETIME" warranty isn't worth the paper it's printed on, I was informed that my saw exceeds the usefull life (determined by Ridgid) and thus is no longer under warranty. As my "LIFETIME" warranty tools from Ridgid need replacement I will look at other manufacturers that are honest about their products, even if the warranty period is 1 day, it's better than what Ridgid offers. I will NOT purchase another Ridgid tool again, I will also pass this experience on to friends and family to stay clear of these products.

Comment

mickila, that "LIFETIME " warranty that you are referring too is a warranty that covers against manufacturers defects in materials and workmanship not normal wear and tear. If the hand crank broke, as you say, because normal usage wore it out then they are correct, it's not a warranted item. On the other hand, if you would have taken advantage of the opportunity to register your saw into the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement when it was offered to all "grey" colored Ridgid tool owners back in 2004 your hand crank would have been replaced free of charge as would the other hand crank that you say is about to fail. I know this because I purchased my Ridgid table saw about the same time as you but because I took advantage of their offer in 2004 any problems with my saw will be fixed free of charge for my lifetime, not the so called lifetime of my tool.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

If you're picking cordless tools by Ridgid because of the lifetime battery warranty, don't. If they go bad quickly take them back to the HD store...but after a year, forget about it. Mail them in, wait for weeks/months and still might not get a fix. My buddy has worked in the tool section at Home Depot for years and he told me don't count on the battery warranty and the small print.

I buy all Makita now (Dewalt before) Love them. My partner buys all Milwaukee, he loves them. If you work with cordless everyday Makita or Milwaukee are my recommendations.

Comment

i believe ridgid and milwaukee are now produced by the same company, or some such similar arrangement. as far as lifetime guaranty is concerned, i've never had ridgid refuse me replacement of any parts for my 2412 or 0610, even parts i've accidently damaged.
                  Last edited by FINER9998; 01-15-2013, 04:58 PM.
                  there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by schulte View Post
                    If you're picking cordless tools by Ridgid because of the lifetime battery warranty, don't. If they go bad quickly take them back to the HD store...but after a year, forget about it. Mail them in, wait for weeks/months and still might not get a fix. My buddy has worked in the tool section at Home Depot for years and he told me don't count on the battery warranty and the small print.

I buy all Makita now (Dewalt before) Love them. My partner buys all Milwaukee, he loves them. If you work with cordless everyday Makita or Milwaukee are my recommendations.
                    So to be clear, when your Makita battery dies do you go buy a new one?
                    If it dies under warranty where do you get it serviced?
                    Since HD is the distributor for Makita now are you not in the same boat as people who buy Ridgid when it comes to service work?
                    Even if you have to wait two months, please explain how spending $80/$120 is better than waiting? By the way, if you are waiting more than a week or two than you need to make some phone calls. As for waiting a month or more, there is no way that is the norm on these batteries. Like most brands you will always hear about the one bad experience of a person vs the satisfied experience of a few hundred.

Comment

Originally posted by schulte View Post

. Agreed Milwaukee and Makita, except my beloved propress.

Comment

Working...
                      X