X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Lifetime Warranty

I purchased the ridgid 3 piece kit ( 922) a little over 3 years ago. I sent in my warranty card, and also sent in for my free battery.
    I got the battery, but no notice of the lifetime warranty.
    I was told to register online which I did.
    I was inquiring about the warranty when I noticed that I was only seeing 3 years instead of lifetime.

I don't have a copy of the receipt anymore, and don't know what to do now.

The drill and saw work fine ( great stuff ) , but the batteries don't hold a charge like they used to and that was what I was looking to replace.

I have played email tag a few times and don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Any suggestions ??

The main reason I purchased Ridgid was for the lifetime warranty, and I hope I don't end up regretting it...

Re: Ridgid Lifetime Warranty

Call Ridgid Customer support and then go from there. Do you have any record of the purchase at all... credit card receipt, copies of what you sent Ridgid, even date of mailing would help.

With over a dozen tools purchased since 2003, I've yet to loose any "registration". However, I always go through the process as if I am expecting things to get fowled up... I keep a copy of everything, document the date, etc.

Hopefully a phone call to Ridgid will help out... especially since you have registered your tool. Hopefully you did that soon after your purchase and at about the time you sent everything in.

Good luck,

CWS

Comment

Neo111 if you get them to honor the warrenty PLEASE let me know how you did it. I've tried getting them to honor the lifetime when I didn't send in the receipt or bar code, no luck.

Comment

If you raise enough hell at the home depot, they'll give you two of em just to get you out of the store so customers aren't scared to shop. Not enough to get the cops called but enough to get peoples attention.

Comment

Good Luck! I purchased a Ridgid drill for the same reason, lifetime warranty. Now the batteries are'nt holding a charge in or out of the drill and I have'nt been able to even find replacement batteries yet. For the price of the drill with 2 batteries and a charger, I could have bought several cheaper drills and acc. for less.

Comment

Originally posted by wilderness1989 View Post
            Neo111 if you get them to honor the warrenty PLEASE let me know how you did it. I've tried getting them to honor the lifetime when I didn't send in the receipt or bar code, no luck.
            Yeah! Well life is sooooooooo much easier when you respond correctly to the requirements of a warranty. You should change your statement to; I failed to follow the directions for registering a tool and am now attempting to badger them into making a special case just for ME!
            Last edited by roadrashray; 10-17-2008, 08:19 AM.

Comment

What is it with this Ridgid Lifetime Warranty? I bought a new TS2400 table saw on 04 August 2001 at Home Depot in Des Monies Iowa. Saw worked like a champ then the motor went out. Discovered that two (2) of the comutators from the armature assembly fell, that's right, fell out causing the brusched to lock-up the motor. Called the Ridgid customer support people and they are giving me numbers to service companies that nolonger service their equipment. Home Depot here just sells the saw, we don't service it. Maybe need 50 plus woodworkers to get together and ask the same question. What's the deal? Buy for the quality and it fails! New motor is over $300.00. Crap, the saw costs just over that. I don't mind imstalling the motor but remember this life time warranty they talked about when I bought it!

Comment

Originally posted by Woodworker II View Post
                What is it with this Ridgid Lifetime Warranty? I bought a new TS2400 table saw on 04 August 2001 at Home Depot in Des Monies Iowa. Saw worked like a champ then the motor went out. Discovered that two (2) of the comutators from the armature assembly fell, that's right, fell out causing the brusched to lock-up the motor. Called the Ridgid customer support people and they are giving me numbers to service companies that nolonger service their equipment. Home Depot here just sells the saw, we don't service it. Maybe need 50 plus woodworkers to get together and ask the same question. What's the deal? Buy for the quality and it fails! New motor is over $300.00. Crap, the saw costs just over that. I don't mind imstalling the motor but remember this life time warranty they talked about when I bought it!
                The Lifetime Warranty you're speaking of was for manufacturers defects only. I'm not sure if your situation would be considered a defect or not but even if it wasn't you would still qualify for free lifetime service on your TS2400 if you signed up for the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement back in 2004 when it was first introduced. All of the Emerson made "woodworking" tools were allowed to be grandfathered into the LLSA Program but unfortunately you had to sign up for it and Emerson/Ridge Tool did a very poor job of advertising this fact to tool owners who had purchased Ridgid tools prior to 2004.
                Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Well Mr. Roadshashray You should not make assumptions about people and what they do. I and I would imagine more people, Have followed the procedure to the letter and still have not received the warranty. I sent everything in in Jan. of this year and have not received the warranty. I talked to support last week and they told me to send in the recipt that I had. We will see.
                  Not everyone is stupid but a lot are probably as smart or smarter than you.
                  You can tell your response didn't strike a good chord with me.

Comment

Originally posted by harrison2119 View Post
                    Well Mr. Roadshashray You should not make assumptions about people and what they do. I and I would imagine more people, Have followed the procedure to the letter and still have not received the warranty. I sent everything in in Jan. of this year and have not received the warranty. I talked to support last week and they told me to send in the recipt that I had. We will see.
                    Not everyone is stupid but a lot are probably as smart or smarter than you.
                    You can tell your response didn't strike a good chord with me.
                    If you had read the entire post I was responding to you would notice that Wilderness specifically stated that he "didn't send in the receipt or bar code".
                    There you have it, I didn't have to assume anything. He told us he DIDN"T follow the directions.
                    According to what you say, you DID follow the directions. I may not be as smart as you , but I can read. Does this strike a better chord with you ?
                    Last edited by roadrashray; 10-18-2008, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Well, My ebox is all wrong, my LSA has been replaced with 3 yr. and I DID SEND IN ALL THE REQUIRED MATERIALS! Find that info now from 2005 when it was in the record and now changed and it is my fault? They said I entered it wrong. It was OK earlier this year now not. This is just a pain. I sent PM to PROBRAND as requested, left VM to CS supervisor,and still no reply. I should not have to reproduce all the paperwork, for tools that were already in ny ebox, correct earlier this year. I am not the only one it seems. It is a good thing the have a forum but I would prefer better CS and record keeping.
                      Mr.Ray , why do you assume we are making these things up? I have been on this forum a long time and am not a troll. I have questioned you before about your forum posts and your Ridgid brand loyality. I am glad for you if you have such luck with them but we all are not in he same boat. Do you have a vested financial interest in the Ridgig Co.? Maybe I am missing something?
                      Am I out of bounds to to say your answers appear to have an overly positive bias toward Ridgid in your opinions? You appear to usually question the facts of others who have issues with Ridgid.
                      My view as to the change to HomeDepo/ TTI/OWI is that it has lowered overall brand quality, and the CS is very inconsistent sometimes great, sometimes nonexistent.
                      Never had a problem with the 5 Ridgid Vacs I have,guess I should stick to their shopvacs.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
                        Well, My ebox is all wrong, my LSA has been replaced with 3 yr. and I DID SEND IN ALL THE REQUIRED MATERIALS! Find that info now from 2005 when it was in the record and now changed and it is my fault? They said I entered it wrong. It was OK earlier this year now not. This is just a pain. I sent PM to PROBRAND as requested, left VM to CS supervisor,and still no reply. I should not have to reproduce all the paperwork, for tools that were already in ny ebox, correct earlier this year. I am not the only one it seems. It is a good thing the have a forum but I would prefer better CS and record keeping.
                        Mr.Ray , why do you assume we are making these things up? I have been on this forum a long time and am not a troll. I have questioned you before about your forum posts and your Ridgid brand loyality. I am glad for you if you have such luck with them but we all are not in he same boat. Do you have a vested financial interest in the Ridgig Co.? Maybe I am missing something?
                        Am I out of bounds to to say your answers appear to have an overly positive bias toward Ridgid in your opinions? You appear to usually question the facts of others who have issues with Ridgid.
                        My view as to the change to HomeDepo/ TTI/OWI is that it has lowered overall brand quality, and the CS is very inconsistent sometimes great, sometimes nonexistent.
                        Never had a problem with the 5 Ridgid Vacs I have,guess I should stick to their shopvacs.

Andrew M,

I've got the same problem with my former eBox tool registrations - all my formerly listed tools brandishing the "lifetime service agreement" sticker have disappeared under the new Dashboard format. A call to the customer service department and I was immediately aware that there was a temporary problem and that the customer service representatives would probably not be able to provide me with a solution - no matter how many times I asked the question or how ever long I stayed on the telephone line awaiting an answer to my "what happened" question. I think that as enough of us have called, someone is certainly on to moving towards a solution to the existing problem (i.e., ProBrand in his having you PM him about your problem). It could be something as simple as the wrong "filter" in a computer program. I have a filter on my email program, but at times it can be over zealous in eliminating things that it feels I shouldn't receive. In defense of Roadrash Ray, I appreciate and support his efforts in trying to keep a level playing field for everyone that visits the forum. It is commendable that Ridgid provides a place where we can laugh, learn and vent with others over such a wide range of topics without massive restrictions. It's good to have both sides of a debate represented in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
                          Well, My ebox is all wrong, my LSA has been replaced with 3 yr
                          It was a bit disconcerting to find all of my LSA missing from my Ridgid tools when the new program started. It took a few weeks but my Ridgid power tools now have the LSA on the DashBoard. I did delete a few of the Ridgid tools that I either sold or no longer own. My ebox seems to be working well but the old system provided more product information. Maybe we all need to give the website some more time to organize themselves and all of the registrations. Be sure to delete the correct power tool and accessories because that function seems to work pretty fast.
                          Last edited by reConx; 10-19-2008, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
                            It was a bit disconcerting to find all of my LSA missing from my Ridgid tools when the new program started. It took a few weeks but my Ridgid power tools now have the LSA on the DashBoard. I did delete a few of the Ridgid tools that I either sold or no longer own. My ebox seems to be working well but the old system provided more product information. Maybe we all need to give the website some more time to organize themselves and all of the registrations. I did have to delete a few Ridgid power tools I no longer own. Be sure to delete the correct power tool and accessories because it seems to work pretty fast.
                            +1 on what reConx said. All the tools in my Dashboard(stupid name) are now up to date with the correct information listed.
                            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by jjrglobal View Post
                              If you raise enough hell at the home depot, they'll give you two of em just to get you out of the store so customers aren't scared to shop. Not enough to get the cops called but enough to get peoples attention.
                              good try..

Comment

Working...
                              X