coil framing nailer not advancing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil framing nailer not advancing

i just picked up the coil framing nailer. works great but it won't advance to the next nail. i have to manually open the latch and close it again. am i missing something? please help.

thanks.

Re: coil framing nailer not advancing

Is your pressure to the gun high enough? My Bostitch roofer behaves like that under 70 PSI

Comment

I know of only a coil roofing nailer by Ridgid. I am looking for a coil frame nailer and could not find a Ridgig model.
      BTW, I find that 100psi works best for me as there is pressure drop in the line too.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
        I know of only a coil roofing nailer by Ridgid. I am looking for a coil frame nailer and could not find a Ridgig model.
        BTW, I find that 100psi works best for me as there is pressure drop in the line too.
        Andrew,

I find it funny, but Ridgid doesn't have this up on the webpage yet. They do have a coil framing nailer (R350FCA), but I'm not sure if this is a Canada only item, like the 23 gauge pinner is. You can check out the coil framing nailer on HD Canada's webpage:

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...k=P_PartNumber

And Jazzmaniti,

Like Wbrooks said, most nailers act erratically around 70psi output pressure. Most have 70psi listed as the minimum for their operating range. I pretty much always have my output set to 85-95psi, and have never had a problem with any pneumatic tool that has it's listed operating range at 70-100psi (most tools). Keep in mind also that many OEM gauges are not extremely precise, so if you do in fact have an output psi set, and it is in fact set at 70psi, it could be reading slightly off, and could in reality be about 60-65psi, and thereby leading to erratic operation. It's almost always best to go with about 10-15psi higher than the minimum, provided that it's still within the listed operating range. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X