Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Impact driver performance questions

Originally posted by kj301 View Post
    Yeah I figured it wouldn't take off the lugs, but I figured I would give it a try. I didn't expect to break the adapter (Craftsman). I just want to use my 3/8 drive sockets, but now I'm afraid I'm going to break the adapter it seems weak.

KJ
    KJ.....DeWalt claims this set of tools is made of the "right stuff" so they will hold up to the rigors of impact tools.
    http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100634632
    Never tried them myself. If you give them a try let us know how they hold up.

Comment

Re: Impact driver performance questions

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
      KJ.....DeWalt claims this set of tools is made of the "right stuff" so they will hold up to the rigors of impact tools.
      Never tried them myself. If you give them a try let us know how they hold up.
      RRR I bought the DW Impact-Ready kit and found the pivot holder to be very useful in tight spots. I was replacing the blower motor in a furnace with the Bosch Impactor and certain bolts were in confined areas that the pivot holder became very useful. Bolts in confined areas during light automotive work were another area. IMO for these small bolts, non-impact ready nutsetters, pivot holders, sockets, etc would have worked but I did notice the Impactor's impacting chipped some of the chrome finish off. Overall I would not hesitate to invest in DW impact-ready kits which I found to be less expensive at Amazon.

Comment

Working...
      X