Old Style 18v Jigsaw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Style 18v Jigsaw

Will the old style 18v pro jigsaw (model ZRR843) work with the 18v lithium series batteries?

The HD site has these reconditioned for $79.00. Big savings for a casual user...

Thanks.

Re: Old Style 18v Jigsaw

If it has the same slide-on latching mechanism, then yes. It doesn't matter what the chemistry or Ah of the battery is for compatability, it only matters that the manufacturer, voltage, and battery-connection-mechanism is the same (essentially).

Comment

Is it safe to charge the new lithium battery in the older nicad charger?
      I just couldn't help myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        Why, you little ..... !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Section 8
          ...and that is my question.

The new model (Maxselect) uses the old non-lithium batteries, and people have said that the new 18v lithium batteris will work on it. Are the old series 18v batteries all the same?

As not to waste anyones time, I don't need any help with batteries, just weather or not I can put the batteries I have on the tool I want, that isn't available in the store that I can just look at before they are all sold out again and I go with out or spend an additional $40.00
          Welcome to the Forum. You are not wasting anyone's time. I was just goofing around with some of the guys who have been here a while, I did not mean to be rude. This is really a very good place to have all sorts of questions answered.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
            Why, you little ..... !!!!!!
            Troublemaker........Frank up to his old tricks. Pretty soon he'll be pushing for that electric toothbrush port on the Ridgid radio again!
            Last edited by roadrashray; 08-01-2008, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
              Troublemaker........Frank up to his old tricks. Pretty soon he'll be pushing for that electric toothbrush port on the Ridgid radio again!

Comment

Section 8, I'm not sure about that old style 18v pro jigsaw (model ZRR843). I have not even heard of that model number or anything. Woussko might have a lead on that - hopefully he chimes in. Maybe PM him. If not Woussko, than maybe Josh or ProBrand can help out. Fellas??

Comment

There have been other posts discussing the charging of lithium-ion batteries.
                  DO NOT USE the nicad style charger unless it has the "lithium-ion decal" on the front.

You will read various opinions about using the older [design] chargers, be it the dual type with fan or the single charger without a fan.

From my experience the 18v lithium-ion battery can only be SAFELY charged on the single style charger with the lithium-ion decal on it. It is located on the lower left front side.
                  It says "lithium-ion under the full charge indicator and then you read nicad and rapid max.
                  The single charger that does lithium-ion batteries as well as nicads does look exactly like the older single charger except for the lithium-ion on the decal. Do Not Use the older style nicad battery only charger on lithium-ion batteries!

I repeated myself many times so those with limited reading skills may catch it as they scan the words!

Then we go to the 24v lithium-ion battery that has its own unique charger.

So you have the the nicad batteries: 18v@ 1.4ah,1.9ah, and 2.5ah. You have the
                  lithium-ion batteries 18v@ 1.5ah and 3ah.

Any of these batteries will work with any of the 18v designed tools new or old. The dual voltage 18v/24v tools will accept any of the 18v batteries or the 24v lithium-ion battery.

It really would be nice if on the Ridgid site would show and discuss their battery options and the chargers in a chart format....

Cactus Man

Comment

Working...
                  X