X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: where to buy a GOOD hammer-drill

Ahhhh........nothin' better than getting a good deal on the 'Bay.

It's better than being a drug addict some times......the thrill of the bid.....the rush of the win....

Ummmmmmmm......endorphins................
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I'll pray for you that it is a real HILI in perfect mint condition and the same with the bits. If it's defective I seriously doubt HILTI will provide any manor of service being it's not from a real HILTI dealer and you don't have a proper bill of sale. Maybe, just maybe you'll be lucky. I sure hope so for your sake.

There are too many "look like the real" tool but are actually fake tools selling on eBay. Buyers find this out after a month and the tools KABOOM on them. They try to get service only to be told it's not the real thing and was made in some other factory. Keyword: counterfeit

Comment

Considering that the seller has sold over a thousand items on Ebay and has a 99.6% positive feedback rating...I am not too worried.

That picture is of the actual drill and bits...looks brand new and authentic to me. I'll post pics of it when it arrives.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I see stokefire bought a K-60 from this same seller and gave him positive feeedback.
          So stokefire, was the K-60 counterfeit, or are you happy with it?

Comment

Chances are it will be fine, but just in case $950 is a lot of money.

That bull point bit will sure be handy for demo work.

So you can read up about it here's the instruction manual for it. Hope this comes in handy. This is from the HILTI USA web site.

Link to general info about it on their site. You got yourself a real workhorse there.
            http://www.us.hilti.com/holus/module...jsp?OID=-21451
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Old Grunter; 08-04-2008, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
              Considering that the seller has sold over a thousand items on Ebay and has a 99.6% positive feedback rating...I am not too worried.

That picture is of the actual drill and bits...looks brand new and authentic to me. I'll post pics of it when it arrives.
              I wouldn't be worried at all. Too many transactions and too high feedback to even worry the least that it isn't what it says it is. A lot of these guys are retailers getting rid of excess product/doing extra business on eBay. I bought some Milwaukee from a seller who has a retail store in Ohio by the same name as his seller i.d - toolmanonline. Stuff was great price and shipped fast.

Harder and harder for scammers to exist on eBay these days, unless you want to send a Western Union money order to a guy in Russia(and he'll send the item right after he gets it.....yeah, rigggghhhht...)

If a guy wants to be really careful, use a credit card through Paypal and then you're doubly covered for protection on the sale.

There are some AWESOME deals to be had on eBay - sometimes you just get that right time when not as many people want the item and you can grab it at a deal.

There will always be those disbelievers who are too skeptical/scared to buy online/eBay. I say keep being skeptical - leaves more deals for the rest of us!!
              Last edited by tinmack; 08-04-2008, 10:09 AM.
              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

The Hilti TE70 was delivered today. Its an authentic animal of a drill.

I tested it out today, very nice machine! Thanks for the advice everybody, this forum has been extremely helpful in guiding me to the right tools for my business.

Comment

I am jealous! I would love to have one.
                  Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I'll tell you what Tyman. If you ever end up working with me, I'll give it to you! You seem like a really good plumber, and I bet it would be worth it to sign you on the team for any plumbing company.

Comment

Thanks Service Guy!

Most of the guys on here could probably run circles on me plumbing.

One thing about it, I really love plumbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                        Most of the guys on here could probably run circles on me plumbing.
                        In that case I take it back, you'll only get a hand-chisel as sign-on bonus.

Comment

If it's new chisel, I'm in.

Comment

Working...
                          X