X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to buy a GOOD hammer-drill

I am looking for a professional grade hammer-drill. I will be using it mainly to drill 1" holes in concrete and brick for water lines. What drill is recommended? I want to watch my budget, but I also want something dependable and tough.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Re: where to buy a GOOD hammer-drill

One word HILTI

Comment

Just to add a couple extra words TE-76AC. This is what I use and I love it. Drill 4" hole, jackhammer concrete. It's the k60 of drilling and built just as well.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Heard nothing but good things about HILTI but never put my hands on one. I have a HItachi that's been one tough drill.

Something similar to a DH-25PB. Not sure of the exact model. Not too large or small. Would buy it again. And I wouldn't be afraid to buy a used one (HILTI or Hitachi) if I could put my hands on it and drill something.

Install hosebibbs and run 1" pipe through masonry with mine when needed.

J.C.

Comment

Ok, sounds good. I have used hitachi and hilti, also rented a BOSCH recently that was very user-friendly.

Comment

Used hammerdrills for many years to do drill runs in brick to hold all sorts of telephone cables and also attach hardware in brick and block. Larger drills to go through several feet of brick and concrete. The drill and bits that held up best. Hilti, hands down the ultimate hammerdrill! I would rather buy a used Hilti than a brand new anything.

Comment

ServiceGuy

Please tell us more about what you need/want it to do for you. Size of holes, into what, how deep, chipping or demo too, more _____

The more you can tell about what you need from it, the better we can reply. You may find that two very different models are what you really want. A little light weight handy one for smaller holes and a big monster for the heavy tuff work. If you only need a beast say once a month, it might pay to rent it and own the smaller one. On the other hand if lots of your work is big demanding jobs, then buy the most machine you can afford. The bits get costly so do look into places that can both grind the carbide tips and also re-tip the larger size bits for you as needed. This saves big $$$ over replacement costs.

Comment

Mostly 1" holes.

Comment

I have a bosch bulldog, that I have had for years. does excellent on anchors, a bit small for what you are looking for I think, but bosch seems to be a good brand around here. The hilti is hands down the best though, and I think priced accordingly.

Greg

Comment

Alright the HILTI seems to be the hands down winner. I will be buying a big-boy chipping/drilling combi. The TE-70 model looks to be the animal I am looking for. A bit expensive, but its gets rave reviews and will last me a lifetime!

I am tired of wasting time, fuel and money renting these rotary hammers, I need one often enough to justify buying one and carrying it on the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                      Alright the HILTI seems to be the hands down winner. I will be buying a big-boy chipping/drilling combi. The TE-70 model looks to be the animal I am looking for. A bit expensive, but its gets rave reviews and will last me a lifetime!

I am tired of wasting time, fuel and money renting these rotary hammers, I need one often enough to justify buying one and carrying it on the truck.
                      Excellent choice, just saw one on ebay for $611 plus $30 shipping still one day left on bid. They take such punishment and keep gpoing. Good luck.

Comment

Shhhhh! Thats my bid! Now you've given it away!

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                          Shhhhh! Thats my bid! Now you've given it away!
                          Sorry, small world! Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            Sorry, small world! Good Luck.
                            It sure is. I may not be able to afford a NEW Hilti....we'll see.

Comment

I WON THE E-BAY BID!...BRAND NEW TE-70 HILTI WITH 6 DIFFERENT BITS!

ONLY $950.

RETAIL ON THIS DRILL IS OVER $1200, PLUS ANOTHER FEW HUNDRED FOR THE BITS...AWESOME!

Comment

Working...
                              X