No announcement yet.

Help with value of tools

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with value of tools

Hello-- I am new to this forum and hope someone can be of help.

My father passed away a few years ago and he was very much into carpentry...I am just now going through his workshop and need to sell some of these items--However--I have NO IDEA how much to sell them for or where to find any info about these tools---

The tools I have are all pretty vintage but all in great condition and work great--they include:

Craftsman-Sears adn Robuck--Ban SAw MOdel NUmber 103.24289

Craftsman-Sears adn Robuck--Planer MOdel NUmber 11320621

Craftsman-Sears adn Robuck--Little Planer MOdel NUmber 103.2334Q

Craftsman-Sears adn Robuck--Router MOdel NUmber 103.22161

Craftsman-Sears adn Robuck--Drill Press MOdel NUmber 103.23640

Could somone tell me the value of these tools or where I can find out the info---I geuss I am goign to have a garage sale and would like sell for a fair price)

Thank You

Re: Help with value of tools

Sears model numbers don't tell us much. Can you tell us the size of each item? i.e. bandsaw-14"; planer 12" router-3/4 hp; or any info would help. Any chance of some pics?

do some EBay searches for similar tools, watch the auction to completion, and or do a completed auction search,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

You could try which lists many old Craftsman power tools.

A Craig's List or eBay search as previously said will get you a ballpark price range, adjust based on condition of tool, all included accessories present, owners manual present, etc.

On the above site are a couple copies of old Craftsman tool catalogs I believe. If you found a catalog within a year or so of the suspected age of your tools you'd have an idea of what they sold for new.

I believe all the Craftsman model numbers beginning with 113 were made by Emerson in the 50s thru the 90s, and the 103 stuff is older, maybe King-Seeley vintage which would put it back in the 50s or older I think.
        Last edited by Bob D.; 08-03-2008, 09:46 PM.
        "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

Time, cost, or quality; pick any two but you can't have all three.