X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an all around saw...

I take out allot of Alluminum windows and was looking at the R885 saw to possible run down the flange of the window before I crushed them out. I want to be cordless so this seems to fit the bill. Just looking for some suggestions as I can't use a sawzall because of how flanges and sheet rock sit.

I would put a carbite tip metal blade in it, but will it take the abuse?

Thanks.

Andrew.

Re: Looking for an all around saw...

Originally posted by hungryjack76 View Post
    I take out allot of Alluminum windows and was looking at the R885 saw to possible run down the flange of the window before I crushed them out. I want to be cordless so this seems to fit the bill. Just looking for some suggestions as I can't use a sawzall because of how flanges and sheet rock sit.

I would put a carbite tip metal blade in it, but will it take the abuse?

Thanks.

Andrew.
    We have three of them and they are used and abused on a daily basis. As long as they are used within their power zone they are an excellant tool. Will cut ply up to 3/4 and all 1x and rips, 2x4 cross cuts. anything heavier is challenged. Have cut shingles and old linolium. We rehab old houses and work ours in very dirty environments.
    I would take advantage of Ridgid's no question's 90 day trial. Buy it and take it out and work it hard and see how it holds up. If it doesn't, simply return it within 90 days and say no thanks.
    Good cuttin....Ray

Comment

Working...
    X