HD Shop Vacs gone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD Shop Vacs gone

I just visited a local Home Depot looking for a small wet dry vac and noticed that the smaller Ridgid vacs are gone off the shelves and being replaced with Husky brand vacs instead. I believe the smallest one you can buy now is a 12 gallon pro series.

I missed my opportunity with a good deal when the 6 Gallon was on sale for $30.

Has anyone seen the 6 Gallon still in store anywhere in Ontario?

Wojtek

Re: HD Shop Vacs gone

I was going to ask the same question. I have found a new Ridgid 6 gallon and new 9 gallon at a few stores. The shop vac area in the store looks a little messed up. It looks like they must be changing some things.

Comment

This will be interesting to watch. Ridgid made by Emerson Electric were only sold in Home Depot. Maybe they want a change of name? I really doubt that Emerson Electric is getting out of making them. It could be for marketing reasons. Husky could be the economy line and Ridgid might cut models and only do the Pro series. Just a guess.....

Comment

Hadn't noticed that. You can probably get roughly the same vac from Craftsman since they are made by the same company. Accessories are also the same.

Comment

Looking on The Home Depot web site (USA) I see several HUSKY brand shop vacs but they still have many Ridgid ones too. What I find wild is that there are a good many Milwaukee vacs that are true industrial grade ones. I never would think of looking on the Home Depot site for them. Maybe the idea is to have Husky be the new name of Ridgid shop vacs. I see that many of them say they are out of stock. Something is in the works for a change.

Sears does have a good selection normally and as said many are very similar to the Ridgid ones. Sears also has far more in filters and accessories than Home Depot.

Husky: 2 gallon mini vac, 6 and 9 gallon drum style that are similar to the Ridgid ones. All of the Husky ones are tagged as Not In Stock.
          Last edited by Old Grunter; 08-07-2008, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Yep. Looks like maybe their lower end units are going to Husky Brand. It also looks like maybe some of the performance specs are changing too. I noticed a new detachable blower vac today online also. Model WD1670. They're up to something!!

Comment

Re: HD Shop Vacs Gone

Here in the central MD area they still have lots of Ridgid shop vacs at Home Depot. As for other areas I really can't say. I didn't see any by Husky today. I'll keep on the lookout for them.

Comment

Working...
              X