X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit holder for 24V Drill

Can anyone tell my why the premium drill from Ridgid doesn't have a bit holder & if anyone has somehow added one??

Re: Bit holder for 24V Drill

Originally posted by Homer31 View Post
    Can anyone tell my why the premium drill from Ridgid doesn't have a bit holder & if anyone has somehow added one??
    Homer....
    1-No Unless they greatly increased the capability of the bit holder design from the 18V LI compact and all the impact drivers we have it wouldn't matter as the bits fall out of those during use.
    2-I cut a three bit section of the plastic bit holder that holds bits in a set. Epoxied it to the somewhat flat section above the battery. Works fine.
    Last edited by roadrashray; 08-07-2008, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Thanx for the reply RRR.

OK so they fall out of the holder when using the hammer setting. So what?? After the first time you learn to put the bit in your pocket or just not use the holder when you use the hammer. But for me, someone that uses the drill or driver function much more than the hammer, it doesn't make sense not having it.

Ridgid should offer a solution for customers like me.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer31 View Post
        Thanx for the reply RRR.

OK so they fall out of the holder when using the hammer setting. So what?? After the first time you learn to put the bit in your pocket or just not use the holder when you use the hammer. But for me, someone that uses the drill or driver function much more than the hammer, it doesn't make sense not having it.

Ridgid should offer a solution for customers like me.

Homer......
        Yes they should!! I'm confident if you personally call Mr. Ridgid, he will get right on that. He hasn't returned my calls.
        Anyway, the bits fall out of all the tools including the impact guns AND the 18V LI compact drill which is a straight drill. I don't know how closely you have examined the bit holders on those tools. They are cheesey, easy to bend pieces of metal and with normal usage the bit will eventually fall out. We have tried bending the two pieces closer together but they are such lightweight junk that they just don't hold the bit secure. Our DeWalt drills have a better idea with some slots in the plastic body which works much better.
        Good luck.....and give Mr. Ridgid my best.
        Ray

Comment

Working...
        X