What blade is on your TS2410LS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What blade is on your TS2410LS

What blade is on your 2400. I am use to the full kerf WWll on my hybrid, but I am considering the thin kerf for my new 2400. I am also considering the RIdge Combination blade. Also, when I start my 2400 it makes a slight winding noise but it goes away by the time it is up to full speed. I took the first one back, but the second one does this also. Is this common with direct drive motors or do I have a problem? Thanks palwood

Re: What blade is on your TS2410LS

I'm really not sure about the sound without being able to actually hear it.

As for blades you most likely will need more than just one. What works well for ripping would be a disaster in the making if used for cross cuts. What works for cross cuts isn't any good for ripping. As for thin kerf blades they are pretty much a must have for the lesser power table saws and especially for ripping. For cross cutting a full kerf should be fine as long as you watch the feed rate. I really can't see using a Forest blade on a portable saw. It's major overkill.

Please tell us more about what you'll be using this saw for.

Combination blades are a compromise at best. They are OK if you want only one blade, but you really are better off with several blades. Even for the hybrid you may want to sometime pickup a name brand 100 or more tooth all steel blade for cutting small trim.
    Last edited by Old Grunter; 08-08-2008, 12:38 PM.

Comment

On my TS2400 I've been using several Freud full kerf blades (a glue line rip, LU84R011, & a combination, LU74R010), a DeWalt thin kerf blade (60T combination), and recently added a Freud thin kerf rip blade (LU87R010) for heavier ripping. The full kerf combination blade seems to work very well with any cross cuts thrown at it. The full kerf rip needs to have its feed rate adjusted for the depth of cut being taken, but then the glue line rip blade isn't made for heavy ripping. Having said that, most of my cutting is in fir, pine, ply, and popular, with some 2x red oak. I've not done any work with the real hard woods, so can't say how these blades would perform in, say 8/4 hard maple or lignum vitiate. The only cuts I've made that really seem to work the saw are rip cuts in wet 2x cedar, that wood does seem tough.

The TS2400, and by inference the TS2410, are more than capable of fine work. True they don't have the power of the big boy saws, but for home use it is not a problem, nor a problem for framing or finishing type work.

I'm not sure about the noise you're describing, but I think it may be associated with the soft start of the saw. There are electronics involved with the soft start and they maybe causing the noise.
      Dick

Comment

Maybe I just happen to get a real good blade, but I find
        the stock blade that came with the saw does a pretty nice
        job.

I did by an 80 tooth Advanti blade for fine work but have yet
        to put it on the saw.

As for the start up sound....
        You may want to have a look under the throat plate to see
        if something is piled up or lodged down in the blade dust well
        rubbing against the blade.

I had two little plastic bars in the dust collector chute on my TS2400...
        You can see these bars if you look into the end of the dust connector
        port at the back of the saw. These bars tend to block slivers from
        exiting and going in the vacuum. Look in there and you will see what I mean.
        If enough slivers accumulate the saw dust and chips of wood
        start to back up and come in contact with the blade. thus possibly
        the start up noise.
        I am getting ready to cut those little babies out on my saw.

Comment

I am in a great debate right now... i am looking for a portable table saw and can not find any info on the TS2410LS capability for using stacked Datto Blades?? this would be most important to helping me figure out what machine to buy. thank you

Comment

Originally posted by palwood View Post
            What blade is on your 2400. I am use to the full kerf WWll on my hybrid, but I am considering the thin kerf for my new 2400. I am also considering the RIdge Combination blade. Also, when I start my 2400 it makes a slight winding noise but it goes away by the time it is up to full speed. I took the first one back, but the second one does this also. Is this common with direct drive motors or do I have a problem? Thanks palwood
            If you like your 40T WWII, I'd seriously consider getting a 30T WWII TK for your TS2400 if you plan to cut much hardwood. It's very difficult to tell the cuts apart from the 40T version, but it rips with much more ease. I've seen on sale for as low as $59 shipped.
            Last edited by hewood; 08-15-2008, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Bandit1611 the TS2400/2410 will happily take stacked dado sets. The max width of the dado may be limited to slightly less than 3/4", but I'm not sure about that. Once you've put both dado blades on you no longer need to use the washer on the outside.
              Dick

Comment

I use the Freud LU83R010 50 tooth thin kerf combo blade most of the time in my TS2400LS. I looked at some of the more expensive blades and talked to several friends who have them and decided on the Freud ($55 at Amazon) for my type of use. I've only cut oak, walnut and soft woods with it, but I'm very happy with the results. I use a slow and steady feed on both rips and crosscuts and have never bogged the motor and get very smooth cuts. I do have a number of different blades, but most of the time I use the Freud.

I have bought a couple of tools recently that have soft start motors and they definitely sound different than the motors I'm used to...but then again, I'm an old fart... Good luck, Mike

Comment

The TS2400 will take a dado up to 13/16" - one of the many reasons I replaced the Skil 3400.

Comment

Working...
                  X