X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router Combo

Hi, I just purchased the RIDGID router combo kit. I also sent for and just received the edge guide and plunge depth adjustment extension. there were no instructions for installing the depth adjustment extension.

before I screw it up, can someone who has done this help?

thanks
    phil

Re: Router Combo

Sorry Phil,

I didn't know a plunge depth extension was even available... much less needed! Perhaps you can post a picture of it or provide a description.

I have the router combo and use it in a Rockler table. With the T-wrench that is provided, I find it easy to adjust the bit height from above the table. Likewise, I also find it fairly easy to reach under the table to make any adjustment from there... even though the adjustment is at the rear, with the way I have it mounted. So, I can't quite picture the value of the plunge depth extension.

CWS

Comment

thanks for the reply, I really didn't know that it was available either but when I went to order the edge guide, it was listed as an accessory so I bought both of them just to have it.

maybe someone from the company will look at and answer this.
      phil

Comment

Phil,

BTW, it's undoubtedly too late as you've already purchased the Ridgid edge guide, but the Porter-Cable edge guide that they stock at Home Depot, fits the R2900 perfectly. I believe I paid about $17 for mine.

CWS

Comment

Ridgid is actually making their own edge guide for the router now?

Comment

Working...
          X