Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Re: Upcoming Power Tool Product Launch

Well if the graphic used is representative of the new tool it looks like it will be a new super duper drill motor of some type. Maybe they are making the jump to 36V with the holiday season approaching. The timing would be right.

Strangely the TTI Group web site no longer acknowledges RIDGID as one of its brands, but it is implied in the statement that they manufacture for many house brands.

http://www.ttigroup.com/business/brands.php

Its true I went looking for a press release or some other bit of intel that might shed light on the new product, nothing found (so far), or maybe I'm just not telling.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          Is 08/22/08 the date the tool will hit the stores or the day RIDGID will tell everyone what it is? I doubt if asking people to play a guessing game will increase the desire to go buy one.
          From someone that doesn't like marketing BS-this makes me less interested or likely to purchase. I'd rather know beforehand, even if it was several months before a release, so I can plan for the purchase and have something to look forward too.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            From someone that doesn't like marketing BS-this makes me less interested or likely to purchase. I'd rather know beforehand, even if it was several months before a release, so I can plan for the purchase and have something to look forward too.

J.C.
            JC, I understand where you are coming from and agree its nice to know so one can plan future purchases. But there has to be some point in time when the news first breaks.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

ProBrand, tell us more! Will it come with a lithium battery and charger? Will Ridgid offer a 18 volt lithium battery charger combo any time soon? Does this tool go round and round or up and down? Will there be more new tools in the coming months or is this it?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                Well, I'm hoping it is a heavy duty 1/2 inch impact gun with at least 240 ft lbs of torque. Since I've repeatedly suggested this tool I think it would be a wonderful gesture on the part of Ridgid to send me one. How about giving us a hint? Has this tool been suggested on the Forum?
                Corded, cordless or pneumatic?

Comment

OK, so the eggbeater was prolly a bit far-fetched.

I think I got it this time...a cordless bulldozer!

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                    Corded, cordless or pneumatic?
                    18 volt cordless! I was sort of disappointed when they introduced the 3.0AH lithium batteries and discovered they were $100.00 each. Why not offer two of those batteries with a charger for under $200.00, or maybe just two batteries for under $150.00?I'm no Pro, but as a homeowner Diy'r I like good quality tools that's why I purchased the 5 piece nicad set. A few months ago I picked up the Ryobi lithium kit with tool light, drill, two 2.4AH lithium batteries and charger for $179.00. I don't expect Ridgid to make such and offer including tools, but give me some kind of break on the batteries and charger, please.

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                      i would say it is a Combo Roll Groover
                      Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                      or how about a Large Diameter Ratcheting Plastic Pipe and Tubing Cutter
                      charlie, i got the same email too

i'm going to go out on a limb and say a new bandsaw

wish it was a plumbing toy, i'll take 3 of them

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

12 volt lithium impact driver similiar to the Micros drill

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          18 volt cordless! I was sort of disappointed when they introduced the 3.0AH lithium batteries and discovered they were $100.00 each. Why not offer two of those batteries with a charger for under $200.00, or maybe just two batteries for under $150.00?I'm no Pro, but as a homeowner Diy'r I like good quality tools that's why I purchased the 5 piece nicad set. A few months ago I picked up the Ryobi lithium kit with tool light, drill, two 2.4AH lithium batteries and charger for $179.00. I don't expect Ridgid to make such and offer including tools, but give me some kind of break on the batteries and charger, please.
                          I get POed that I have yet to see at Home Depot any Ridgid batteries or chargers sold as replacement items. With that in mind I stay with brands where I can get them easy. Times will change, I'm sure and only by waiting will we find out what the changes are.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                            I get POed that I have yet to see at Home Depot any Ridgid batteries or chargers sold as replacement items. With that in mind I stay with brands where I can get them easy. Times will change, I'm sure and only by waiting will we find out what the changes are.
                            For what its worth, the Mount Pleasant Home Depot has an endcap right now with lots of different RIDGID batteries and chargers. Although the end cap will change, hopefully that indicates that these are part of their normal product line. I don't remember the pricing, but I'll try to look at it next time I'm in there.

Comment

cpw

That's good to read. Now if only that were the case down in the central MD area. Maybe I need to look in a few more HD locations when I have the chance. HD + me = Don't get along very well.

I prefer to buy tools and accessories from more serious dealers than any big box store. That's me being me though.

Comment

To answer a few points:

The batteries and charges should all be line regulars now. Whether all stores have them and the prices in various regions remains to be seen...

I guess there is a chance of incompetence in that we started the countdown with an eroneous picture after we had already let the cat out of the bag with the email blast about the combo groover...

Cordless product and lithium ion power...

Whenever we do this, we get the comment that people would like to know about new products earlier. Sometimes we can do that, but in this hyper competitive power tool world, you can't tip your hand too much. How quickly did every brand have a compact lithium ion drill after the first one proved so successful...

JC, hopefully it is the compelling technology that makes you buy a tool. The marketing "bs" is just to drive awareness, rarely do people actually buy because of an ad. Again, this thread is just for fun...and I appreciate your feedback

Rick, I'll actually be curious to get your opinion on the tool concept here...

A RIDGID bulldozer. I can see it...maybe next time

Thanks to everyone so far that has taken time to post.
                                Last edited by ProBrand; 08-13-2008, 08:09 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                                X