Clear All

Re: Upcoming Power Tool Product Launch

OH I FOUND A PICTURE!!!!!

This is for Duckbutter!!!

Oh and by the way Ill take one! or two!

Comment

W S

Photoshop that pic some and have a big RIDGID on it. It's all in fun but someone should do that. Maybe ProBrand can do it with the true font.

Comment

Ill try it has the color scheme of orange and grey already!

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
          To answer a few points:

The batteries and charges should all be line regulars now. Whether all stores have them and the prices in various regions remains to be seen...

I guess there is a chance of incompetence in that we started the countdown with an eroneous picture after we had already let the cat out of the bag with the email blast about the combo groover...

Cordless product and lithium ion power...

Whenever we do this, we get the comment that people would like to know about new products earlier. Sometimes we can do that, but in this hyper competitive power tool world, you can't tip your hand too much. How quickly did every brand have a compact lithium ion drill after the first one proved so successful...

JC, hopefully it is the compelling technology that makes you buy a tool. The marketing "bs" is just to drive awareness, rarely do people actually buy because of an ad. Again, this thread is just for fun...and I appreciate your feedback

Rick, I'll actually be curious to get your opinion on the tool concept here...

A RIDGID bulldozer. I can see it...maybe next time

Thanks to everyone so far that has taken time to post.
          I don't mean to sound disrespectful but while Ridgid was trying not to "tip" their hand, other manufacturers were offering useful tools to the buying public. While Ryobi is not up to the standards of Ridgid, their one plus tool line is something to consider and their 2.4AH lithium batteries are reasonably priced compared to the $100.00 3.0AH that Ridgid is offering. While Ridgid is not tipping their hand about future tool offerings Milwaukee, DeWalt, Makita and others are already producing the tools professionals and do it yourselfers are buying. I've posted here a dozen times regarding the 1/2" heavy duty impact gun that I would prefer to buy from Ridgid and that is already made by several other manufacturers, would it really cause some kind of damage to respond as to wheter or not such a tool is in the works? I would think the exact opposite is true, tell us what is in the pipe line so we don't purchase from your competitors. Why is Ridgid still making a tool light with expensive bulbs that burn out when LED technology is already being used by others and offers longer runtimes without the need to "Ever" replace a bulb? ProBrand, I'm a consumer and when I go to Home Depot and compare the selection and prices of cordless tools available I am frustrated and disappointed at how poorly Ridgid compares. In my opinion Ridgid is losing customers and money by not offering a similar cordless tool at a better price than every one of their competitors. Where is the hunger to beat the competition? I don't want to buy another brand, but unless you folks make a wider variety of cordless tools myself and others have no choice. P.S. My 12volt right angle driver is a real nice tool and it could use a lithium battery, any chance of this happening?

Comment

No disrespect taken at all from anything here. I've enjoyed your thoughts on the forum for some time. For the group, I need to start using smiley faces or something so you know when I am trying to be on the lighter side...

So as to keep this thread light, maybe we can PM or start a thread on the business/marketing side of tool sales. I am happy to have the conversation, though the answers will probably still not fully address your questions. I think the Roundup attendees would tell you I try to be as open as possible.

Now, I have to figure out how to sell bulldozers...:-)

Comment

No disrespect taken at all from anything here. I've enjoyed your thoughts on the forum for some time. For the group, I need to start using smiley faces or something so you know when I am trying to be on the lighter side...

So as to keep this thread light, maybe we can PM or start a thread on the business/marketing side of tool sales. I am happy to have the conversation, though the answers will probably still not fully address your questions. I think the Roundup attendees would tell you I try to be as open as possible.

Now, I have to figure out how to sell bulldozers...:-)
              I'm one to tell.

Comment

Hmmm. Let's look at what Home Depot has clearanced out in the last year.

There's the
                MaxSelect Caulk Gun
                MaxSelect Planer
                24v Battery & Charger
                Heavy Duty Impact Wrench

Then there is the recently reduced prices on the
                Reciprocating saws
                MaxSelect Vac
                18v Lith-Ion Drill

OK Now for my guess. It's a 18v Lith-Ion hammer drill with an impact driver incorporated into it, if thats even possible. Or it's a new line of 24v tools with a new battery that doesn't drain itself within a week of non-use (my only gripe about the current 24v batteries).

Whoever guesses correctly should get a free one!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  I don't mean to sound disrespectful but while Ridgid was trying not to "tip" their hand, other manufacturers were offering useful tools to the buying public. While Ryobi is not up to the standards of Ridgid, their one plus tool line is something to consider and their 2.4AH lithium batteries are reasonably priced compared to the $100.00 3.0AH that Ridgid is offering. While Ridgid is not tipping their hand about future tool offerings Milwaukee, DeWalt, Makita and others are already producing the tools professionals and do it yourselfers are buying. I've posted here a dozen times regarding the 1/2" heavy duty impact gun that I would prefer to buy from Ridgid and that is already made by several other manufacturers, would it really cause some kind of damage to respond as to wheter or not such a tool is in the works? I would think the exact opposite is true, tell us what is in the pipe line so we don't purchase from your competitors. Why is Ridgid still making a tool light with expensive bulbs that burn out when LED technology is already being used by others and offers longer runtimes without the need to "Ever" replace a bulb? ProBrand, I'm a consumer and when I go to Home Depot and compare the selection and prices of cordless tools available I am frustrated and disappointed at how poorly Ridgid compares. In my opinion Ridgid is losing customers and money by not offering a similar cordless tool at a better price than every one of their competitors. Where is the hunger to beat the competition? I don't want to buy another brand, but unless you folks make a wider variety of cordless tools myself and others have no choice. P.S. My 12volt right angle driver is a real nice tool and it could use a lithium battery, any chance of this happening?
                  No!

Frank, it's is time to get a impact driver. Go out and buy yourself a nice one, seriously.

Ryobi, come'on. I don't even consider them a tool. They would probably sell better at Toys R Us or at K-Mart in the automotive section.

I share your frustration with Ridgid power tools. It's more of a disappointment than a anger. Kind of like your kid bringing home a report card of C's when you know they are capable of better.

If I was in charge I would hire Captain Wedley to get Ridgid on the ball.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djgq8im4Ix8
                  Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                    Ryobi, come'on. I don't even consider them a tool. They would probably sell better at Toys R Us or at K-Mart in the automotive section.
                    If you're not a pro, the Ryobi tools are a really good value.

You might be on to something with Toys R Us though. My son l(2 1/2) likes my Ryobi cordless drill better than his toy drill. (Only with no bit, closed chuck, low speed, and clutch setting of one.)

Comment

Frankiarmz

You have waited too long for one. Go look at the other brands and buy what will work for you. Over time you'll use their battery packs in another tool where they have what you need. Trying to stick it out with one brand sadly just doesn't work. For a cordless 1/2" square drive impact wrench here are some to give a look over. I really can't recommend which one. I use a good pneumatic impact wrench and to put it side by side with a cordless just wouldn't be fair at all. As for which brand, think hard about any other cordless tools you may want soon. Do they have such? Is it the same battery pack for both? If no, pass it over and move on. It sure is a real PITA to have 10 different chargers and battery packs. Some power tool company will wake up and realize that they have got to make "The Smart Charger" which can charge any battery that company currently makes or has made in the past 10 years. Then they will have a real market advantage. To show they care, they need a battery trade-up program where you trade in your old battery on a new one. The idea would be rather than to have to replace a good working tool, you would upgrade to a newer battery for it.

It's one thing for big contracting companies to spend $10,000 plus per year on new tools. It's quite another to expect us to trash good working 3-5 year old tools and buy everything new. I refuse to do so.

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/T...aspx?pid=21618

http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/to...ategoryID=4505

http://www.makita.com/menu.php?pg=pr...g=cl_impWrench

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/webapp/..._192145_192137

Hitachi has one but it leaves us wanting. Next to some of the others it's like a little toy. If you want one that's light weight in your hands it may be well worth looking at. If you need BRUTE POWER forget it.
                      Last edited by Woussko; 08-13-2008, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Interesting....but I'll bet anything it's a new plumbing tool. Or maybe....just maybe....it could be the new bandsaw????? Oh my heart goes thumpa-thump!!! Could it be our wishes to be answered?

A new drill would be awesome, too. I need a new impact driver. My old (yellow) cordless has bit the dust and I want more orange. That yellow clashes so with all the rest of my orange outfit.
                        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                          No!

Frank, it's is time to get a impact driver. Go out and buy yourself a nice one, seriously.

I share your frustration with Ridgid power tools. It's more of a disappointment than a anger. Kind of like your kid bringing home a report card of C's when you know they are capable of better.

If I was in charge I would hire Captain Wedley to get Ridgid on the ball.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djgq8im4Ix8
                          Good video! The Ryobi 18volt drill has been a fine tool for around the house, 2.4AH lithium batteries make these tools perform unlike the old Ryobi nicads. The ultimate cordless 1/2" heavy duty impact gun is hands down the 19.2 volt Ingersoll Rand. They claim 340ft lbs of torque and someone on ebay sells a kit that includes a LED Tool light. That kit comes with nicads although they make the same 19.2 in a lithium but they're expensive. I'm going to hold out until ProBrand tells me otherwise. Come on ProBrand, I'm glad you did not take offense to my prior post but you responded with as much information as a seasoned politician. "We want the Truth, and We can Handle the Truth"

Comment

First, as an old Army guy, loved the video. To answer the right angle question, I think we'd redesign and go smaller before retrofitting the current model. You may have noticed it is the only 12v left in the line that is not a stick like the new compact drill/driver. I'll keep your comment in mind should politics be my next calling ;-)

Comment

First, as an old Army guy, loved the video. To answer the right angle question, I think we'd redesign and go smaller before retrofitting the current model. You may have noticed it is the only 12v left in the line that is not a stick like the new compact drill/driver. I'll keep your comment in mind should politics be my next calling ;-)
                              ProBrand lithium or not the 12volt impact is a great tool. Thanks for the response. Now should I go buy a 1/2" heavy duty impact gun or wait a while??????? I can't figure a more harmless way of asking

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
                                I need a new impact driver. My old (yellow) cordless has bit the dust and I want more orange. That yellow clashes so with all the rest of my orange outfit.
                                Bright orange shirt for Team RIDGID people.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X