Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Upcoming Power Tool Product Launch

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    Just wanted to say congrats to this fellow on his second post! Beginners luck? Come on ProBrand, something smells fishy! Tell you what, get Ridgid to make that 1/2 inch heavy duty impact and we'll forget this whole thing.
    Wow, I hope you are joking here with those comments implying there might be something less than above board going on here. If not you could do better at welcoming a new member to the forum. If he got lucky that's nice. If not and he had some inside intel well that's
    OK too, what goes around comes around.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      Wow, I hope you are joking here with those comments implying there might be something less than above board going on here. If not you could do better at welcoming a new member to the forum. If he got lucky that's nice. If not and he had some inside intel well that's
      OK too, what goes around comes around.
      Relax Bob, I was joking or at least trying to be funny doesn't always work. I admit I have not yet said hello properly but I will. Regarding his win I'm not that paranoid,the guy must have a good insight that's all. I'm here to have fun, maybe be of help occassionally and learn new things. Plenty of smart folks here for sure. Sorry if my attempt at humor caused any upset.

Comment

Hey, sorry I have no properly introduced myself on here, I've been a lurker here for about 7 monthes and never really needed to post much, just sat back and learned. Yesterday I was reading a magazine in which in said what companies were coming out with what and Ridgid had the one handed recip and the autoshift drill. As I make my rounds I check out this thread and decided to post those two tools on here, turns out it was correct. If that falls outside of 'fairplay' then I won't be heartbroken if the tool goes to someone else, but i'm still more then happy to test out a tool!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kenthanson View Post
          Hey, sorry I have no properly introduced myself on here, I've been a lurker here for about 7 monthes and never really needed to post much, just sat back and learned. Yesterday I was reading a magazine in which in said what companies were coming out with what and Ridgid had the one handed recip and the autoshift drill. As I make my rounds I check out this thread and decided to post those two tools on here, turns out it was correct. If that falls outside of 'fairplay' then I won't be heartbroken if the tool goes to someone else, but i'm still more then happy to test out a tool!!!!!!!
          Nothing unfare about that I see or meant to imply.

Frankiarmz, I was pretty sure your comment was in jest, but the new guy (who it turns out has been copying the mail for a while) I was worried about.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          ---------
          ---------

Comment

I appreciate the introduction and honesty, sure explained that amazing "Guess". You got my vote to keep the tool, I'm waiting for a 1/2" heavy duty impact wrench! Heck, I've said this so many times that I'm starting to feel like Chris Farley repeating "I live in a van down by the river". Once again, WELCOME and now that you're here join in the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              I appreciate the introduction and honesty, sure explained that amazing "Guess". You got my vote to keep the tool, I'm waiting for a 1/2" heavy duty impact wrench! Heck, I've said this so many times that I'm starting to feel like Chris Farley repeating "I live in a van down by the river". Once again, WELCOME and now that you're here join in the fun.
              How much oil do you think a van down by the river needs?

Comment

Originally posted by mdm View Post
                OK Now for my guess. It's a 18v Lith-Ion hammer drill with an impact driver incorporated into it, if thats even possible.
                That was my thought also. I guess I've posted on here too late (been a busy couple of weeks) - I also saw the thing about the AutoShift. While that is a neat technology (automatically downshifting the gearing while in use, to prevent motor damage), I agree with MDM that a drill with an incorporated impact driver mechanism would be a cool thing. I love my impact, but there are just some things that you really need a good 2-speed drill for. To have both things in one tool would be kick-butt. (And oh yeah - in a kit with the 3.0Ah lithium ion batteries, please!)

Plus, I've had the chance now to see a few of this fall's new Ridgid releases. The one handed recip looks quite interesting. I like how it has the integrated LED light - I would have loved that on my MaxSelect version of this tool. I'm not too keen on the "burning flames"-type of logo on it though, but I guess this is in keeping with the Fuego circ saw. The granite-topped table saw will be something that I will definitely be looking for with longing eyes.
                Last edited by canucksartech; 08-19-2008, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                  That was my thought also. I guess I've posted on here too late (been a busy couple of weeks) - I also saw the thing about the AutoShift. While that is a neat technology (automatically downshifting the gearing while in use, to prevent motor damage), I agree with MDM that a drill with an incorporated impact driver mechanism would be a cool thing. I love my impact, but there are just some things that you really need a good 2-speed drill for. To have both things in one tool would be kick-butt. (And oh yeah - in a kit with the 3.0Ah lithium ion batteries, please!)

Plus, I've had the chance now to see a few of this fall's new Ridgid releases. The one handed recip looks quite interesting. I like how it has the integrated LED light - I would have loved that on my MaxSelect version of this tool. I'm not too keen on the "burning flames"-type of logo on it though, but I guess this is in keeping with the Fuego circ saw. The granite-topped table saw will be something that I will definitely be looking for with longing eyes.
                  Where'd you get to see the new tools at? Did I miss a post on here or something?

Comment

Originally posted by mdm View Post
                    Where'd you get to see the new tools at? Did I miss a post on here or something?
                    Google for it.

Comment

All's fair, kenthanson! Good job on getting the right answer. Make sure you post your findings about the new tool, and enjoy it! Oh! And welcome to the forums.
                      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

http://www.iwfatlanta.com/
                        ---------------
                        ---------------
                        ---------
                        ---------

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                          Google for it.
                          Google what, I tried everything, but if its out there then obviously not. Can you give a link to where you saw these new tools even dsicussed? I'm getting anxious! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ru&Lins_05 View Post
                            Google what, I tried everything, but if its out there then obviously not. Can you give a link to where you saw these new tools even dsicussed? I'm getting anxious! Thanks
                            http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/indus...ticleID=751326

Comment

Thanks Ghost. I couldn't get on in time. Appreciate you posting that for him.

Comment

So has the countdown finished?

Comment

Working...
                                X