Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Upcoming Power Tool Product Launch

Originally posted by mdm View Post
    So where's the update? Site says -5 days.
    Man, it was there! Looks like they removed the demo for the tool.

Comment

Yup, it was there. Man, what's going on? That's twice now that the date/details have changed, at least that I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        Ridgid is going to make it right after they finish my 18 volt heavy duty 1/2" impact wrench.
        I was thinking of your wanting an impact wrench today, Frankie, as I was hanging a shed door. Used my Milwaukee V28 impact wrench to drive in some 1/2 inch (3 1/2 inch long) lag bolts into wood. The impact gun drove them in like a knife through butter.

Sure makes quick work of hanging some heavy doors with some big t-hinges.

I can't see a 1/2 inch impact wrench being effective at less than 24 volts...

And since Ridgid seems to be phasing out their 24 volt batteries......

Good luck on waiting on that wrench...
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
          I was thinking of your wanting an impact wrench today, Frankie, as I was hanging a shed door. Used my Milwaukee V28 impact wrench to drive in some 1/2 inch (3 1/2 inch long) lag bolts into wood. The impact gun drove them in like a knife through butter.

Sure makes quick work of hanging some heavy doors with some big t-hinges.

I can't see a 1/2 inch impact wrench being effective at less than 24 volts...

And since Ridgid seems to be phasing out their 24 volt batteries......

Good luck on waiting on that wrench...
          DeWalt seems to make a well made 18volt version with 300ftlbs, what about Milwaukee's 18volt models or Ingersoll Rands? I don't doubt that your
          V28 is a beast but I've priced them and I can't afford the cost. I figure Ridgid could easily make a 18volt model with 300ftlbs just like DeWalt for under $200. I'm probably dreaming I know. Just dropped $167 on my eighteen year old Nissan Maxima so I'm that much further from buying another tool.

Comment

hello all,new guy here.I've been reading posts in this forum since 2005,when I purchased my first RIDGID tool.4 pc 18v.combo with 14.4v
            impact.there seems to always be good reading,anything from humorusly
            enlightening to the more serious side of reviews and tech talk.

a cordless portable bandsaw would be nice.Or Just Maybe a RIDGID
            GENERATOR to POWER all RIDGID tools.Corded and Cordless when their is no power available.How about that Mr. RIDGID ??

Comment

Dunno about the 18 volt Milwaukee or the DeWalt. Is there an adapter available for the current Ridgid impact that could allow it to drive 1/2 inch, or is it solely 1/4 inch?

I don't use my impact that much, but when I do, wow. One of those tools that make life easier. Like taking off the lawn mower blade. Used to have to brace it with a piece of wood while I tried to wrench it off. Impact wrench might be expensive, but I've read about guys getting nasty gashes from trying to get a lawn mower blade off with a manual wrench ratchet.
              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hondo View Post
                hello all,new guy here.I've been reading posts in this forum since 2005,when I purchased my first RIDGID tool.4 pc 18v.combo with 14.4v
                impact.there seems to always be good reading,anything from humorusly
                enlightening to the more serious side of reviews and tech talk.

a cordless portable bandsaw would be nice.Or Just Maybe a RIDGID
                GENERATOR to POWER all RIDGID tools.Corded and Cordless when their is no power available.How about that Mr. RIDGID ??
                Welcome to the Forum Hondo. Lots of good folks here, enjoy yourself.

Comment

I feel stalked Hondo. Going to peek out the blinds.

J.C.

Comment

thanks for the welcome guy's.I've used this forum for the reviews
                    through the years mostly.I got hooked on RIDGID tools when I purchased
                    the 18v combo in 2005 and just keep adding more.

Comment

• Re: Upcoming Power Tool Product Launch

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                      Dunno about the 18 volt Milwaukee or the DeWalt. Is there an adapter available for the current Ridgid impact that could allow it to drive 1/2 inch, or is it solely 1/4 inch?

I don't use my impact that much, but when I do, wow. One of those tools that make life easier. Like taking off the lawn mower blade. Used to have to brace it with a piece of wood while I tried to wrench it off. Impact wrench might be expensive, but I've read about guys getting nasty gashes from trying to get a lawn mower blade off with a manual wrench ratchet.
                      Tinmack, you can buy 3/8ths and 1/2" adapters for the Ridgid impact. I use mine all the time to drive hex heads, lags and sockets. I want the heavy duty wrench for automotive work such as lug nuts.

Comment

Have you looked at:

http://www.motherofallcordlessimpactwrenches.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Sceeter W Wheels View Post
                          You know by posting this it just adds fuel to the fire. Or is it salt on an open wound ?

Comment

Originally posted by Knary50 View Post
                            You know by posting this it just adds fuel to the fire. Or is it salt on an open wound ?

Comment

I think the correct term is "Salt on the Fire" Gosh, that is some impact wrench! Why Ridgid? Why? Why can't you guys make me a impact wrench like that? Don't tell me you don't know how, don't we still have industrial spys? I'll bet any tool could be copied perfectly and sold much cheaper. I can see it now Orange with the Ridgid logo, the same exact tool all mine for only $200.00. I buy it from Home Depot, get it home and ....Oh, what's the use?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                                I think the correct term is "Salt on the Fire" Gosh, that is some impact wrench! Why Ridgid? Why? Why can't you guys make me a impact wrench like that? Don't tell me you don't know how, don't we still have industrial spys? I'll bet any tool could be copied perfectly and sold much cheaper. I can see it now Orange with the Ridgid logo, the same exact tool all mine for only $200.00. I buy it from Home Depot, get it home and ....Oh, what's the use?
                                Frankie, you've been waiting soooo long for this tool. It's kind of like finally getting to take that hottie you've had your eye on all through high school, finally getting to take her to the prom. You get her home afterward, and .... .... KAPLOWIE!!!!! "Sorry, didn't quite live up to the billing."

Ususally things like that are better in the imagination than in reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X