Upcoming Power Tool Product Launch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Upcoming Power Tool Product Launch

You're wrong about her, I mean the tool! Ah, this is fun. I really don't need it but I wouldn't mind having it and if Ridgid or Ryobi made one I have the batteries. Really makes no sense that they don't offer one, the competition is selling them, so why not Ridgid?

Comment

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I noticed that on your banner from your posts it says:

"Nominated 6 Times in 4 Posts
      Thread of the Week Award(s): 1"

What the deal with these items? How do we find out about them? Where's my nomination and award?!!?!!?

Comment

Newbie to this forum but just thought I would add (perhaps it's old news)that I just saw a new Ridgid tool at the local HD.

A Fuego branded sawzall/reciprocating saw. Pretty cool/small possibly had some anti-vibration technology to it. Think rotozip/grinder size with a sawzall blade attached. $99 I couldn't find it on the website.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Iovane View Post
          Newbie to this forum but just thought I would add (perhaps it's old news)that I just saw a new Ridgid tool at the local HD.

A Fuego branded sawzall/reciprocating saw. Pretty cool/small possibly had some anti-vibration technology to it. Think rotozip/grinder size with a sawzall blade attached. $99 I couldn't find it on the website.
          I also saw it at my local hd. Seemed heavier than I thought it would be and a downer to find out it's corded. I wouldn't mind seeing a demo of it though.

Comment

I think the Snap On is pretty expensive. I doubt you'd want buy one unless you were going to use it every day. But it's probably almost as good as an air gun.

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            I think the correct term is "Salt on the Fire" Gosh, that is some impact wrench! Why Ridgid? Why? Why can't you guys make me a impact wrench like that? Don't tell me you don't know how, don't we still have industrial spys? I'll bet any tool could be copied perfectly and sold much cheaper. I can see it now Orange with the Ridgid logo, the same exact tool all mine for only $200.00. I buy it from Home Depot, get it home and ....Oh, what's the use?

Comment

Originally posted by Sceeter W Wheels View Post
              I think the Snap On is pretty expensive. I doubt you'd want buy one unless you were going to use it every day. But it's probably almost as good as an air gun.
              I agree, way too expensive and I couldn't justify the money. On the SnapOn site they have some short videos and one show the tol in use at a wrecking yard. Makes plenty of sense for folks using it all day, the tool pays for itself by not having to drag air lines or electrical cords around. I'm in no hurry to get such a tool. Who knows, maybe Ridgid will make an inexpensive one?

Comment

So what is it? My local HD had a small one handed recip saw. Had to buy it.

Is that it?

Comment

FYI: The new power tool arrived at LOCAL HD today: 18V AutoShift drill, 3.0 Ah AND 1.5Ah Lithium battery, 450 in-lb torque, Li/NiCad charger and AutoShift lockout. Unfortunately it looks bigger and heavier (nose-heavy). Model number R86014 and retails for $229. It comes with a bonus: mail-in impact driver via mail that looks like the max-select version based on the picture on the offer.

The other new power tool to arrive is the R3030, the corded one-hand mini sawsall and retails for $99.97
                  Last edited by reConx; 09-22-2008, 11:48 AM. Reason: update

Comment

I won the contest earlier in this thread and am still waiting on the driver to show up at my door, would have loved to do a review of it before it hit the streets for everyone, sorry guys.

Comment

My local store has the new R86014 on order but has the R86006 in stock. Can anyone tell me if they are the same size/weight?

Comment

Originally posted by ridgidguy View Post
                        My local store has the new R86014 on order but has the R86006 in stock. Can anyone tell me if they are the same size/weight?
                        The R86014 is about an inch shorter in overall length versus the old hefty Ridgid 18V X2 hammerdrill and it has the same mid-section thickness. It weighs more than the compact R86006, has the same amount of torque as the R86006 but has the LED built into the base rather than near the trigger. The autoshift feature is innovative and interesting but without having used it or desired that feature I probably won't miss it.
                        Last edited by reConx; 10-03-2008, 03:10 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Originally posted by kenthanson View Post
                          I won the contest earlier in this thread and am still waiting on the driver to show up at my door, would have loved to do a review of it before it hit the streets for everyone
                          Did you receive the new Ridgid AutoShift drill yet? FYI: I found a website (Canada) that shows Ryobi has introduced a similar tool:

Ryobi Autoshift 18 Volt Drill

Model: P814
                          Internet/Cat #: 906126
                          Store SKU #: 530300
                          Saves time by automatically operating at optimal setting
                          Innovative addition to the Ryobi ONE+ Program
                          ½" Ratcheting single sleeve keyless chuck
                          24 position clutch

Comment

I want to know you use li-ion battery power tool instead of ni-cd ones,because my clients of europea some of them don't like li-ion battery power tool.

Comment

maybe you will be would this new one--li-ion battery folding screwdriver from china.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BARRYLION View Post
                                maybe you will be would this new one--li-ion battery folding screwdriver from china.
                                Great - another grammar and spelling teacher.

Comment

Working...
                                X