Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Power Tool Product Launch

Hey Fellow Forum Members,

In a little more than a week a pretty cool tool, with new technology, will be hitting the market. For fun, we've put together a little countdown. I'd be curious to hear any guesses on what it is in this thread.

Countdown: http://209.235.210.204/

All the best,

WK

Re: Upcoming Power Tool Product Launch

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
    In a little more than a week a pretty cool tool, with new technology, will be hitting the market. For fun, we've put together a little countdown. I'd be curious to hear any guesses on what it is in this thread.
    The heavy duty impact wrench that Frankiarmz wants?

Comment

Is 08/22/08 the date the tool will hit the stores or the day RIDGID will tell everyone what it is? I doubt if asking people to play a guessing game will increase the desire to go buy one.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

With the vast resources that TTI now has it could be almost anything. I'm still bugging Milwaukee (it's been over 3 years now) to make a mini version of their 1680 Super Hole Hawg drill, but they just don't think demand would be high enough. Hmmm Bosch, Hitachi, Makita and more think otherwise but their's are micro-mini versions with 3/8" capacity chucks and geared faster than I want. I'm looking for one right in the middle with a 1/2" chuck and VSR. I'm sick of having to pull out a D-handle drill with right angle head attached to it.

Please see the Dewalt DW124 and think of it only smaller and please, please have a bust key in case of a major jam to prevent

The sort of subliminal picture to me looks like a new cordless impact driver.
        Last edited by Woussko; 08-12-2008, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I dont even know what this is . Luckily I can walk down the hall and ask

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            I dont even know what this is . Luckily I can walk down the hall and ask
            But wouldn't that be cheating? LOL

Comment

Fair enough Badger Dave, certainly not a required response. This thread was more me talking to the forum than looking for a marketing campaign. By the couple responses, looks like it will elicit some good discussion. Should be in stores on the 22nd, though I am sure that won't be true everywhere.

Comment

ProBrand

Please do NOT give it away. It will be interesting to see who is the first to find this new tool. Maybe it's the new monster super powerful cordless vac that uses (6) 24 Volt Li-Ion batteries working together. Hmmm OK maybe it's 4 batteries.

Comment

My guess, an X3 series lith-ion drill that will give me another reason to go buy Lindsey some jewelry so I can justify buying the new drill for me!

Comment

I got the skinny, I know what it is...

A 36 volt cordless eggbeater!

Comment

ProBrand, I didn't mean to get your back up. Sorry if I did. So, OK, I'll play.........the new product will be...........wait for it.........wait...............A JOBSITE RADIO!!!!
                      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

cordless, battery powered 36 volt torch ..... adapter

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                          ProBrand

Please do NOT give it away. It will be interesting to see who is the first to find this new tool. Maybe it's the new monster super powerful cordless vac that uses (6) 24 Volt Li-Ion batteries working together. Hmmm OK maybe it's 4 batteries.
                          why mess around with some punie batteries like that, use some L16's ah jsut for get the batteries and lest use a good Cummings diesel

on a small portable vac that can suck grain out of ships hulls, none of this sissy stuff,
                          Attached Files
                          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                          attributed to Samuel Johnson
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

BHD

Great post but do you really think we will ever see such with the name RIDGID on it?

How about powering it with this? http://www.everytime.cummins.com/assets/pdf/4087054.pdf

Actually this is even better - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W%C3%A4...Sulzer_RTA96-C
                            Last edited by Woussko; 08-12-2008, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Well, I'm hoping it is a heavy duty 1/2 inch impact gun with at least 240 ft lbs of torque. Since I've repeatedly suggested this tool I think it would be a wonderful gesture on the part of Ridgid to send me one. How about giving us a hint? Has this tool been suggested on the Forum?
                              Last edited by Frankiarmz; 08-12-2008, 06:30 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

Working...
                              X