X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID 3300 Pressure washer

I just purchased a Ridgid 3300 pressure washer and assembled it this morning. After carfully following the directions and filling with oil and gas the unit will not start. The engine shut Off/On knob is broken but appears to be in the on position. When I pull the cord the engine spits for 2 to 5 seconds than shuts off. Can anyone offer a suggestion on what the trouble might be? Thanks

Re: RIDGID 3300 Pressure washer

Originally posted by JoeARein View Post
    I just purchased a Ridgid 3300 pressure washer and assembled it this morning. After carfully following the directions and filling with oil and gas the unit will not start. The engine shut Off/On knob is broken but appears to be in the on position. When I pull the cord the engine spits for 2 to 5 seconds than shuts off. Can anyone offer a suggestion on what the trouble might be? Thanks
    Joe,

You need to release the pressure in the wand/gun before you pull start the motor.

Cheers!

Freddy
    Don't squabble with the chickens
    Instead, soar
    with the eagles

Comment

Thanks Freddy. Pressue was released and engine still will not start. I replaced the shut off switch to insure it is in the on positiion and engine attempts to start but only coughs for a few seconds then shuts off.

Comment

try holding the trigger to the wand while pulling the rope. Let the engine rpm stabilize before letting go of the trigger. Thats how I start my 3000psi machine. Be care not to aim the wand at anyone.

Comment

Check the oil. I will almost guarentee you that it is low. They wont start or run for very long if there is not enough oil.

Comment

Working...
          X