Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with compressor Coupling

Hey There Y'all,
    I stepped up to an Ingersoll-Rand (Husky's is made by Campbell Hausfeld )60 gallon air compressor yesterday, and I have a question: The output ball valve on the compressor is 1/2", but I can only find 3/8" or 1/4" quick connects. The 1/2" quick connects I have found online are $30! Should I just use a 1/2" to 1/4" coupler and use a 1/4" quick connect, or will I lose some performance by doing this?

Thanks!

SML

Re: Help with compressor Coupling

Nice compressor. That 1/2" outlet can be used with a manifold to send your compressed air to several different palces if need be, however unless you are going to need an extremely high volume of air( not pressure), I would go with the 3/8 or 1/4" quick connects.

Comment

If you pipe the air around the shop the larger pipe is better there is less restriction, normally I use quick coupling with 1/4" threaded nipples for the normal air tools the only air tool I have a true 1/2 quick coupling is the 1" air wrench, and a much larger hose as well,

it is more there if needed for things that require a very large volume of air, not you smaller air tools, if your unit is a two stage pump I would suggest a good regulator not a mini one, to reduce the pressure down to recommended pressures that your manufacture recommends,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I found that most of my 1/4" quick connects would leak. I switched everything over to 3/8" 'T' style connectors and no more leaks, much better air flow as well

Comment

Hello,
          Thanks for your quick responses. It sounds like the only reason I would need the 1/2" coupler would be for air volume. Since I won't be using grinders or sanders at this point, I don't think I need that.

Thanks!

SML

Comment

Working...
          X