MAX batteries replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAX batteries replacement

I have purchased several combo sets as well as individual cordless hammer drills and several additional batteries. Now have accumulated a handfull of dead batteries. One of my subs advised that there is a battery "exchange" program for Ridgid. Looking for contact information to exchange dead batteries before throwing any more in the trash. I have 3 dead "MAX A/C" type sitting on the work bench now! Thanks for any info.

Re: MAX batteries replacement

Originally posted by OOCINC View Post
    I have purchased several combo sets as well as individual cordless hammer drills and several additional batteries. Now have accumulated a handfull of dead batteries. One of my subs advised that there is a battery "exchange" program for Ridgid. Looking for contact information to exchange dead batteries before throwing any more in the trash. I have 3 dead "MAX A/C" type sitting on the work bench now! Thanks for any info.
    Welcome to the forum. This is a good place to find out facts, rumors, information, truth, distortions and everything Ridgid. It is also fun.
    Ridgid does have a Limited Lifetime Service Agreement that will replace batteries, however the tools must be registered within a certain period(90 days?) in order to qualify. See below for details.
    http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Power-To...y/EN/index.htm

Comment

Try http://mtobattery.com/store/index.html I have not used this service but it looks like what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by RKSP8 View Post
        Try http://mtobattery.com/store/index.html I have not used this service but it looks like what you need.
        Is this a spam?

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
          Is this a spam?

Why is that spam? There is no LSA with batteries outside of kits that he has. Rebuilding them is a good option and from Woodnet forum posts I have read they do a good job and you can have better batteries in the case . It is a good option.
          With the tools in warranty the the service ctr.is an option.

Can I politely ask why you seem to jump to Ridgid's defense with most posts with any negative product comments and question the validity or motive of the comments? You have every right to do so just as other have to express their's but it comes across as not an objective unbiased opinion.
          I personally am still very frustrated at HD/Ridgid on the 24V battery issue and $200 for 1 battery and a charger that are not good for heavy use as one would think and $100 for 1 18v Ni-Cad at HD is about 2x's the cost of any other manuf similar battery[yes I know they had 2 packs a while back but it is not a regular option]. They have 2 regular [not compact]Makita LiIon 18v's there for $99, saw that yesterday again 2x's the cost of the non existent 3Ah 18v LiIon Ridgid battery.
          The Milwaukee V28's do not cost that and really work well from the user comments and test reports. $33 buys you a charger that will charge ALL Milwaukee 18v and 28v batteries not just 1 type. Amazon has V18 Milwaukee 2 battery "starter" kits for $197.
          I have max select tools that run OK on 18v but are slow in use because of the lower motor speeds. I have gone back to using my Makita , Bosch and Milwaukee tools except for the Ridgid 18v jig saw and impact. I was able to pickup a Milwaukee Sawzall V18 for $65 as a bare tools at HD [display] and it is a great tool, built in the USA, makes the Ridgid look and feel in use like a re-badged Ryobi which is what I think these tools sort of are, slightly upgraded but much higher cost for a premium price.
          I will stick with Ridgid in their corded tools ,as for me, they are much better overall compared to the cordless tools, my older JP610 is as good as any 6" jointer, have 4 Ridgid vacs, the Fuego saw works great but I am concerned about all the plastic parts. Their 3300 CAT pump PW is also a great buy.
          Again I am not trying to attack you but think that brand loyalty has its place but most people want objective help.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
            Why is that spam? There is no LSA with batteries outside of kits that he has. Rebuilding them is a good option and from Woodnet forum posts I have read they do a good job and you can have better batteries in the case . It is a good option.
            With the tools in warranty the the service ctr.is an option.

Can I politely ask why you seem to jump to Ridgid's defense with most posts with any negative product comments and question the validity or motive of the comments? You have every right to do so just as other have to express their's but it comes across as not an objective unbiased opinion.
            I personally am still very frustrated at HD/Ridgid on the 24V battery issue and $200 for 1 battery and a charger that are not good for heavy use as one would think and $100 for 1 18v Ni-Cad at HD is about 2x's the cost of any other manuf similar battery[yes I know they had 2 packs a while back but it is not a regular option]. They have 2 regular [not compact]Makita LiIon 18v's there for $99, saw that yesterday again 2x's the cost of the non existent 3Ah 18v LiIon Ridgid battery.
            The Milwaukee V28's do not cost that and really work well from the user comments and test reports. $33 buys you a charger that will charge ALL Milwaukee 18v and 28v batteries not just 1 type. Amazon has V18 Milwaukee 2 battery "starter" kits for $197.
            I have max select tools that run OK on 18v but are slow in use because of the lower motor speeds. I have gone back to using my Makita , Bosch and Milwaukee tools except for the Ridgid 18v jig saw and impact. I was able to pickup a Milwaukee Sawzall V18 for $65 as a bare tools at HD [display] and it is a great tool, built in the USA, makes the Ridgid look and feel in use like a re-badged Ryobi which is what I think these tools sort of are, slightly upgraded but much higher cost for a premium price.
            I will stick with Ridgid in their corded tools ,as for me, they are much better overall compared to the cordless tools, my older JP610 is as good as any 6" jointer, have 4 Ridgid vacs, the Fuego saw works great but I am concerned about all the plastic parts. Their 3300 CAT pump PW is also a great buy.
            Again I am not trying to attack you but think that brand loyalty has its place but most people want objective help.
            Andrew OMG.......I suggest you review the body of my posts and you will find that I have been critical of Ridgid on many occasions. I have watched your continuing cute little "I won't comment about Ridgid problems so I won't be accused of being a Ridgid basher"comical of course. I find your attack on me with it's cute little denial that it isn't an attack also disingenuous. I really don't care what you think about Ridgid products and you will note have neglected to respond to any postings you have made over the last several months. It would be fine with me if you would follow the same policy.
            If you will go back to the first post in this thread you will note that OOCINC specifically asked about a "Ridgid" battery exhange program not places that rebuild batteries.
            RKSP8 post was his first on this forum and was not germain to the question. Many times in this forum it is suggested that such a posting is SPAM. I wasn't saying it was. I was simply asking the question.

Comment

OOCINC

Please be a bit more specific. Are you looking for a place to take/send your batteries for recycling or are you thinking there's a way to trade them in on new ones? If you are looking to have them rebuilt, there are local battery dealers depending on your area that can do that. Batteries Plus is one such place I use.

Comment

I recently upgraded my 18v dewalt to 24v ridgid and can tell you the ridgid tools batteries perform much better. I have put the tools through some tough test and did have two of the 24v batteries die on me and not take a charge. I sent them ups to a ridgid service center and got new batteries about a week later and they refunded the ups charge. Very happy. I have 6 batteries so this wasn't a problem to be down two for me but could be for others. My father purchased the ridgid 18v tools and we also put those to the test also, When I say test I mean I had three guys using them exclusivily (sorry sp.) to install a total of ten decks with no corded tools used. Any way we still haven't had to replace the ridgid batteries out of the 18v tools but I was assured that I can send in the faulty batteries if they ever die like I did the 24v and get new ones for free

Comment

Working...
                X