X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD exclusive for Makita now?

I've recently heard that HD is now the exclusive national retailer in the U.S. (and Canada also, I believe) for Milwaukee power tools now. Well, I now see a logo near the bottom of some search pages on HD's webpage that they are now also the exclusive national retailer for Makita. Is this accurate? When did this happen? Seems like HD must be shopping for these big exclusivity deals - it's going to be interesting once this is all said and done as to what is left to sell in other stores (like Lowes, besides their Kobalt stuff).

Re: HD exclusive for Makita now?

The Makita thing happened about back in the spring. While both are now exclusive to HD and not in Lowes you will still find both in the Graingers and other distributors.

Comment

I bet Lowes signs up with Hitachi in the same way.

Comment

Makita and Milwaukee are sold through many different distributors, just no longer Lowe's. I can't imagine they would ever go exclusively to HD if they intend to keep their professional customers happy. Consumer brands like Kobalt and Ryobi are however exclusively sold through Lowes & HD.
        Jay
        Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
        Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
          I bet Lowes signs up with Hitachi in the same way.
          This has been the case for quit a while. I would look for Lowes to begin carrying a new exclusize brand before Christmas. I have seen a pic of a drill from their new line and it looks pretty slick.

Comment

If Makita, Milwaukee and any other professional brand did go only for one big box dealer, they would be totally screwing over the serious tool dealers and distributors. You best believe they would seek and get revenge on them. Us tool users - buyers would get back at them too. We do not like buying from HOGS.

For what it's worth Hitachi doesn't and best not only sell through Lowes. Lowes would never go full line. Home Depot only has a tiny bit of what Makita and Milwaukee made. As for Milwaukee I can't even dream of some of the products in a big box store. An example would be their magnetic base drilling machines or any of the tooling for them.
            Last edited by Woussko; 08-22-2008, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch View Post
              This has been the case for quit a while. I would look for Lowes to begin carrying a new exclusize brand before Christmas. I have seen a pic of a drill from their new line and it looks pretty slick.
              Is this the Porter Cable line? Anyone have an opinion on them?

Comment

Originally posted by Gator Tim View Post
                Is this the Porter Cable line? Anyone have an opinion on them?
                IMO the new Porter Cable drills look competitive with Ryobi. The manufacturer of the chuck is unknown but the 18V NiCad batteries are huge. The 18V Lithium batteries are smaller and lighter.

Comment

Well guys.... I think it's unofficially, official. Milwaukee and Makita has whored out to H.D. as just this past week, both lines were clearanced out at all Orchard Supply Hardware (OSH) stores, which is owned by Sears. I have not seen any of the two lines in Sears for quite some time either. I was talking to a tool buyer from OSH today and he told me that their (OSH) corporate office instructed them to dump Milwaukee and Makita as they were no longer going to be carrying the lines. I was in my local Ace Hardware Store tonite and found no Makita tools; just a few accessories which were being clearanced out and just a couple of the corded Milwaukee tools (Hole Hawg, Hole Shooter and Sawzall). If Milwaukee and Makita have decided to go this route; they have bascically shot themselves in the foot as this creates a problem for those of us that have Milwaukee and Makita tools and detest H.D. Big FAIL for both brands...... As far as Porter Cable goes; I wouldn't touch their cordless stuff with a 10' pole. It's just repackaged B&D/DeWalt. Their corded stuff is still ok but when B&D/DeWalt purchased Porter Cable and Delta, both lines took a dump.
                  Last edited by toolguy1964; 12-01-2012, 01:51 AM.

Comment

i cleared out my local osh last friday on tools and accessories. couldn't pass up 50% off and no tax weekend.

that was fridays haul. came back saturday to another osh and was surprised to see a lot left. so i took my fill.

rick.
                    Attached Files
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                    X