X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Milwaukee M12 Plumbing Tools

Recently Milwaukee announced the launch of several new cordless tools based on the M12 (12 volt) battery system. There is a copper tube cutter which cuts 3/8” to 1” copper tube in 3 seconds as well as a Hackzall which is like a pocket size Sawzall/jigsaw hybrid and a hands free flashlight that lasts up to 7 hours on a single charge.
    Jay
    Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
    Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Re: New Milwaukee M12 Plumbing Tools

Day late, dollar short Jay!!!

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ight=milwaukee

Thanks anyway!!

Comment

About time they catch up in the 18V category. They are last to market by a long ways with smaller, lighter Impacts especially.

I have also heard they have had to redevelop their Lithium technology due to the fact that their last attempt didn't work out so well and they were only getting about 400 recharges out of their old battery compared to DeWalt at 2,000. I guess that would be why HD marked the other one down to $220 or so a few weeks ago. Maybe they spent a little more time researching this prior to launching this version.

Also, do they not want anyone to know the specs on the new tools? You would think when you launch a web site like the one linked above that you would want to list the specs or at least what you claim the specs to be. Then again maybe they don't want you to know. After all you won't find the cut capacity of their new miter saw anywhere. Checked it out in the store a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't advertised on the box or any literature.

Comment

Sorry I missed the other post. Thought it was odd nobody had mentioned them. On the M18 tools we have all the tools and stats on our site www.ohiopowertool.com. It looks like the one positive to being last to market is they have slightly more power than the competition with almost every tool.
        Jay
        Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
        Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

Yeah those miter saw capacities must be like top secret....I've been searching for them myself. No way I'd drop close to $700 for a saw,without knowiung what it would cut.

Comment

Milwaukee New Miter Saw Capacity:
            14" on the table
            6" Vertical Baseboard
            6-5/8" Nested Crown Molding

Comment

Paper specs with bigger numbers than everyone else. Man, never seen that before

Not really seeing anything about the M18 line that's all that special. Batteries are incompatible with 18V PowerPlus line. Nice slap for the old tool PowerPlus owners like me. They look like more of the same thing we've seen from everyone else (starting with Makita) over the last few years.

By the way, is it possible to rotate the handle around on this new hammerdrill?

Originally posted by Jay6 View Post
              Sorry I missed the other post. Thought it was odd nobody had mentioned them. On the M18 tools we have all the tools and stats on our site www.ohiopowertool.com. It looks like the one positive to being last to market is they have slightly more power than the competition with almost every tool.

Comment

Working...
              X