Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o-rings, lubricant, and triggers - oh my!

Originally posted by Hondo View Post
    hey folks,my 3000 psi unit leaked at the soap knob also...The problem,mine anyway,was the large o-ring had been pinched
    and cut.I lubed the o-rings with petroleum jelly ...Mine has started to leak at the trigger now,waiting to here back from CS.
    The leak was my first problem, too. Upon inspection I found that the o-ring was cracked. Ridgid sent me a new o-ring, quickly.

Thanks for the suggestion on lubricating the o-rings. I'll try silicon based, instead of petroleum jelly. I remember reading that petroleum jelly breaks down rubber.

My trigger assembly was also failing. The clerk at HD decided to swap out a new one for me, instead of me returning the entire unit.

The pistola is on back order until October 10. Ridgid won't take your order (not their fault - they are not set up for this type of service) until the part comes in.

Comment

Re: Engine Manuals for Pressure Washer?

I noticed on Robin's website that the SP170 only has a 1yr warrenty. So how does the PW claim to have a 3 yr if the engine is only covered for one?

http://209.62.29.198/media/files/war...0039383750.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by jmeitz View Post
        I noticed on Robin's website that the SP170 only has a 1yr warrenty. So how does the PW claim to have a 3 yr if the engine is only covered for one?

http://209.62.29.198/media/files/war...0039383750.pdf
        I do believe that the engine warranty is a separate line item in the Ridgid warranty info for this unit. The engine warranty is one year, to be handled through Subaru, while the balance of the pressure washer itself (pump, framework, hose, wand, hardware, etc.) would have a 3 year warranty to be handled through Ridgid. I'm not 100% sure on this, as my warranty paperwork and owner's manual for this unit is out in a drawer in my workbench in the garage - and it's a lazy Sunday, and I'm not moving out there today. But I do think that's how the warranty breakdown works for this unit, if I'm remembering correctly from when I read it upon purchase last fall.

Comment

I have just purchased a Ridgid 3000 psi Pressure Washer with a Subaru SP170 engine. I started reading this forum because I to was wandering about the engine owners manual. I went to the Subaru website (www.subarupower.com) and had no trouble finding the SP170 information and manuals. I don't know if this is a recent addition by Subaru but if it is any consolation, they do claim the SP170. Good luck to all.

Comment

Working...
          X