X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the R3210 Worm saw have a case out there

Does anyone know if the worm Circular saw R3210 have a case or not. Mine did not come with one but you never know.I can't seem to find anyone else talking about it so any help would be great.Thanks

Re: Does the R3210 Worm saw have a case out there

First I do not know the answer to your question,

I know this is some what off subject, but.

Whatever happend to a contractor or wood worker building his own custom case to hold the items he wants and fits where he wants it,

a good number of years ago, I was in a old hardware store, and was looking over the box hardware they had a very nice selection of items, and was talking to the old clerk, He was the son of the original owner, and was probly in his 60's at that time, and started to tell me how back in the 40's 50's 60's and even in the early 70's they sold and sold box hard ware, he said people would come in mostly in the winter, and would buy for making everything from suit cases to tool boxes, and other storage items, and then it dwindled down to nearly nothing, he said I was one of the few that had been in that year looking for box hardware, (I think I was making a case for my worm drive at the time), I had made cases for my routers and many of my other wood working tools to protect them during transport, and enough size to carry the needed bits or blades want on a normal job,

and the guy I (apprenticed with) an old builder from the 30's through the early 70's had build custom cases for most of his tools, they many times were as much art as function.

Just a question, It is like no one want to fix any thing jsut R & R, remove and replace, no repair, so few work on there own things,
    Many have got in the Union mentality of I can only do one thing, It is against my religion to step over that line and learn any thing else,

At one time carpenters cabinet makers, and builders were as proud of there tools and tool cases, and the things they did that for themselves, now it is buy a plastic case that if you do not put the cord in jsut perfect the lid will not close, or if you add one item to it there is no room for it.

Probably more of an observation than any thing,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

This is about it as to what I found in a quick search of ready made cases. I'm with BHD on making your own case if you can do so. If you do get this one please get some orange spray paint and do the right thing.
      http://www.milwaukeetool.com/webapp/..._192334_192327

I would have thought that Bosch and Skil would offer cases, but a prowl around their web sites didn't show any. Maybe they have them and I just didn't get to the right place on their sites.
      Last edited by Woussko; 08-23-2008, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I had thought about building my own case but not to sure what to make it out of.I dont want it to be to heavy of a case.Are there any ideas out there of what type of materails to make it out of?

Comment

I made mine out for the saw out of one by lumber for the sides and 1/4 or 3/8 ply top and bottom with a divider in it to separate extra blades and wrenches from the saw,

same for one of my older routers,

for my floor sander edger, I made it out of 1/2 ply wood, and some inside reinforcing, and some supports to properly hold the sander so it would not get damaged, in transit,

I will end up using used nice corner protectors,for the boxes, and get nice folding handles, depending on the tool some times top handles as well as side handles, if there is no danger if it would be carried on it nose or end,

I do not like plywood for sides, for boxes as if hit wrong they can splinter up easier IMO.
          but this last time on the sander edger, I was what I had in the shop with out going to get some thing else,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
          X