X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Drill Questions

Okay, I've used the 86006 for a week. It's nice, I'm not blown away by it, but it's nice. I do like it better than my Craftsman. One thing I absolutely hate, the charger interferes with my radio. Makes me nuts to listen to static. I will keep impacts in mind. I already have an electric 3/8 and 1/2 inch hammer drill. Also a drywall/deck screw gun.I have helpers on the crew that I LOVE to watch ratchet in bolts. I'll do my best to help build the forearms of America. I'm not prepared to spend that much money on impact drill just yet. We have our system and it works. One guy cuts, one guy drills and one guy screws. Thanks for all your input and I'll check in again.
    If you use a calculator to layout rafters...get off my job!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregman1069 View Post
      I'm not prepared to spend that much money on impact drill just yet. We have our system and it works. One guy cuts, one guy drills and one guy screws.
      If you ever do jump the shark to get the impact, you'll love it. It's worth the hundred bucks. At that matter, get two. You'll be amazed at how much faster things go, saving you money in the long run, if you have one guy cutting and two guys doing screws with impactors.

Comment

Ok guys, we need to accept the fact that Greg is not getting a impact, no matter how majestically awesome they are.

The facts per Greg,
        He has built decks for a long time, just fine, with drills.
        Impacts have not made a big showing in his area.
        Impacts must be faster and make a BIG difference.
        Using drills builds his forearms. He is doing it for America.
        He can't let go of 100.00.
        He has a system, a impact would ruin the system.

I concede Greg. Enjoy your new drill.
        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
          Ok guys, we need to accept the fact that Greg is not getting a impact, no matter how majestically awesome they are.

The facts per Greg,
          He has built decks for a long time, just fine, with drills.
          Impacts have not made a big showing in his area.
          Impacts must be faster and make a BIG difference.
          Using drills builds his forearms. He is doing it for America.
          He can't let go of 100.00.
          He has a system, a impact would ruin the system.

I concede Greg. Enjoy your new drill.
          A very neutral observation, Tyman.

Comment

Okay, I've used the 86006 for a week. It's nice, I'm not blown away by it, but it's nice. I do like it better than my Craftsman. One thing I absolutely hate, the charger interferes with my radio. Makes me nuts to listen to static. I will keep impacts in mind. I already have an electric 3/8 and 1/2 inch hammer drill. Also a drywall/deck screw gun.I have helpers on the crew that I LOVE to watch ratchet in bolts. I'll do my best to help build the forearms of America. I'm not prepared to spend that much money on impact drill just yet. We have our system and it works. One guy cuts, one guy drills and one guy screws. Thanks for all your input and I'll check in again.
            Gregman,

HD (and many other tool outlets) has just the trial period that you need - a 90 day refund policyto test the impact driver to your satisfaction. Give it a try and see the difference the right tool for the job can make. If using it stalls your system, take it back and get a full refund. No harm, no foul.

Comment

Hard to believe isn't it boys! All the expertise, experiance, genius and leadership on this forum and he's not going to give it a look!
              ..........I'm a little concerned with him wanting to watch his boy's "build their forarms". Not that there's anything wrong with that!
              We did our best. It's now in the hands of a higher power.........

Comment

Good Lord guys, let it go already! Isn't there something else you could focus your attention on? Perhaps you could use all your energy on finding a cure for something. Jeez, let it go! I'm taking my massive forearms and leaving!

Comment

Gregman, it's just their way. No worries my friend. You don't want to use a particular tool, that's your call. Sometimes change is too expensive and too troublesome to make the perceived time savings worth it. Hope the new drill works out well!
                  I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

An impact will pay for its self on one job in time savings and if you are paying guys buy the hour less than a day depending on the job.

Comment

Dog gone it Gregman, I like ya! I can appreciate your steadfastness, hard core all the way. I seen some guys building a deck today and thought about you. They had impacts and they were Amish.

If we come off stong it's only because were right, nothing personal.

Stay a while, I have some deck questions for you and I know numerous people have asked about deck questions.

I'll lay off the part about impacts being a vastly superior tool to a drill in the use of building a deck and the amount of energy expended in a given day verses the long term affects of repeated exposer to excessive force placed inappropriately on forearms and elbows. Besides, orthopedic surgeons are counting on you. I'll let that part go, ok.

Seriously, I got deck questions man! Help a brother out!
                      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Ask away, I'll do my best to offer any old time, outdated, Popeye fore armed advise I can dig out off the old trunk in the back of the dusty musty cellar.

Comment

Working...
                        X