X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid 3000 PSI

I purchased my first pressure washer last week and attached it to a 250 gallon water tank using a regular garden hose. However, the pressure isn't strong. What do I need to do to make the water pressure stronger?

Re: Rigid 3000 PSI

Sorry to tell you, but most direct drive pumps will not pull water from a standing tank and must have pressure from either a city water source or well pump to work properly. Larger belt drive pumps turn much slower and this allows them to pull water from tanks.

Any way you can hook up to a pressurized source? Later!

Comment

If you read your Ridgid owners manual that came with the pressure washer, it clearly states that the pressure washer MUST be connected up to a water main source only.It needs a pressurized water source(@50PSI) in order to operate properly.It won't work properly any other way and you run a great risk of doing permanent pump damage to the unit any other way.What's that screeching sound coming from the pump and why is it smoking?Better read your manual again before you invalidate your warranty from lack of proper care and useage.Just a little bit of friendly advice.

Comment

I paid 400.00 for this piece of junk. It worked for about 2 hours and then quit. I took it back and Home depot told me "sorry". They said will not replace it or return my money. I told them I was going to sue them. I plan to let the stockholders know what happened to me and to let anyone who plans on buying one of these piles of crap know what happened to me. I could not believe how badly I was treated at Home Depot. I felt as if they were happy to treat me like crap. I never plan to shop there again as long as I live! That is how bad I felt when I left there. Ridgid is a good tool company and I am sure that if the owner of Ridgid had this happen to him - the same thing as what happened to me - he would no longer sell his products at Home Depot. I plan to let the stockholders of both Home Depot and Ridgid know about the poor service and total neglect of me - the customer. Ultimately, if I am unhappy - Home Depot has failed and has taken down Ridged with them. I will allways treat my customers well at my company - I know where my pay comes from - the people at Home Depot evidently do not.
        I paid $400.00 to use a power washer for 2 hours. What a rippoff! I am not done with these people yet though - I plan to sue if they do not replace it or refund my money. Screw the money - it is the principal. What has America come to? No more principals in business? Is it screw or get screwed? I got screwed blue and I hope anyone who reads this heeds my warning about Home Depot. What a crappy company - very poorly managed - I could care less how big they are - the bigger they are the harder they fall.

Comment

Let me get this straight. You had the pressure washer for 2 hours, took it back to Home Depot and they refused to exchange or refund your money. Did you have your reciept with you? I purchased the same unit last Saturday and yesterday when I got home from work the 3-way soap valve was leaking. Called Ridgid customer service and asked them to send me new O-rings or a new valve, was told to return it as defective. Took it to a Home Depot other than where I purchased it, with receipt, explained the situation and they refunded my money without question. I then purchased the 3300 PSI unit. Haven't had a chance to put it together yet, but the 3000 worked great except for the leaking valve.

Comment

Something everyone should know about pressure washers is the you should have a filter on the inlet & you should always turn the water faucet on & flush out the plumbing & hose before hooking it up the the pressure washer. A little speck of rust dirt or anything that gets in the pump will ruin your day. DAMHIKT.

Comment

Working...
            X