Ridgid Power Washer failed after 2 hours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid Power Washer failed after 2 hours

Below is the link to the return policy. Previously I indicated 90 days was the return policy, however erngum is correct the unit carries only a 30 day warranty due to an exception. When I purchased my unit the employees at the store were not aware of this exception either.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...atalogId=10053

Comment

I would check the oil level, (do not know about this unit) but many of the new small motors have a low oil shut down sensor, and if the oil is low it will not run,

the other possibility is dirt or water in the fuel,

and if it is a true mechanical failure, with only two hrs of use, I am sure Ridgid will warranty the unit or the engine company will take care of the engine, if was not user failure.

I know it sucks when a new piece of equipment fails, but things do fail at times, but it sounds like it should be able to get warranty help, it still sucks when it is old too. and I can guarantee you, you will get no help on older stuff.
      yes at times Home depot is the pits as well.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

That's nothing new.The HD staff at most stores I've been to don't even know what the tool warranties are on Ridgid tools half the time when I ask them.Wish I had a dime everytime somebody told me it was "lifetime" on everything when in fact you and I both know that it couldn't be further from the truth.I was told 30 days exchange on pressure washers when
        I bought mine.After that,your dealing with the Ridgid service center for any service matters.Least they got that part right.

As far as potential problems with pressure washers and all us dumbie end users goes,did you know that NO where in the Ridgid pressure washer manual does it tell you when your suppose to do your first oil change........or any oil change for that matter........and any potential engine problems due to lack of regular engine maintenance and that's suppose to be the owners fault?Where the hell are the engine maintenance/service manuals for these pressure washers and why isn't this information being included automatically with each unit being sold?You would think a big company would want to cover its *** every way it possibly could from any potential liability suits right?It's the only way they can say that you were properly warned and that if you didn't read the manual then it's your fault.Not in this case.No engine service manual = no maintenance schedule and no advance consumer warnings.I can definitely see the potential for a future consumer law suit here if someone was hell bent to pursue the matter in a court of law.

Comment

relax, am sure Ridgid will work something out for you..

Comment

Working...
          X