X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Power Washer failed after 2 hours

I have nothing good to say about this power washer. I paid 400.00 for this piece of junk. It worked for about 2 hours and then quit. I tryed for hours to get it working again. I got whipped by the pullcord when the engine fired and it whipped back at me and hit me in the chest. I got a big red welt on my chest and it hurt real bad. It still hurts today a day later. I got the unit to start again but it will not stay running. I t will only run for a hour or two and shut off for no apparant reason. It has gasoline in it so that is not it. I took it back to Home depot and they told me "sorry". They said will not replace it or return my money. I told them I was going to sue them and that made them even happier. I plan to let the stockholders know what happened to me and to let anyone who plans on buying one of these piles of crap know what happened to me. I could not believe how badly I was treated at Home Depot. I felt as if they were happy to treat me like crap. I never plan to shop there again as long as I live! That is how bad I felt when I left there. Ridgid is a good tool company and I am sure that if the owner of Ridgid had this happen to him - the same thing as what happened to me - he would no longer sell his products at Home Depot. I plan to let the stockholders of both Home Depot and Ridgid know about the poor service and total disrespect of me - the customer. Ultimately, if I am unhappy - Home Depot has failed and has taken down Ridged with them. I will allways treat my customers well at my company - I know where my pay comes from - the people at Home Depot evidently do not.
    I paid $400.00 to use a power washer for 2 hours. What a rippoff! I am not done with these people yet though - I plan to sue if they do not replace it or refund my money. Screw the money - it is the principal. What has America come to? No more principals in business? Is it screw or get screwed? I got screwed blue and I hope anyone who reads this heeds my warning about Home Depot. What a crappy company - very poorly managed - I could care less how big they are - the bigger they are the harder they fall. How can Ridged be associated with a crappy company like Home Depot?

Re: Ridgid Power Washer failed after 2 hours

If you would, please Private Message me your contact information. I'd like to learn more about what happened here. Thanks and I apologize for your experience.

Comment

ProBrand, are the pressure washers not part of the 90 day satisfaction guaranteed or return it no questions asked policy?
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

You said you know where the money comes from at your company, does each of your employees. You can call up the HD customer service line, and escalate the issue before you entirely write off the company based on a bad experience with one store associate.

Comment

Be sure to check the oil level and condition in the engine. Also, try running it with the pressure (high pressure) hose removed form the connector.

For all of us on the forum, did it quit or is it that you can't restart the engine and have it keep running? I have a feeling you are attempting to start the engine while fighting the pressure build up of the pump. Please remember to always have water on at the garden hose connection and when starting the engine to have someone hold the trigger back.

I really wish pressure washer companies (all of them) would wake up and install a clutch so we can start the engine without any load on it and allow it to properly warm up. Then close the clutch plates and away we go. Then to move the machine open the clutch so the engine isn't spinning the pump. Long rant here for the engineers.

Please do post updates on any progress.

Comment

ScrewedBlue,
            I am a little confused, did you buy Ridgid pressure washer or another brand. If it was a Ridgid, the return policy is 90days no questions asked.

Comment

Not being an expert on the matters of pressure washers, other than I have a product that deals with high pressures at a low gpm rate (.5) and from the way it sounds, it's possibly a thermal overload switch?

Those high pressure pumps are supposed to dump/release water when the unit is not in operation, but running. The water inside the pump raises to a certain temp to do this.

Maybe this is the cause....?

Home Depot is really cracking down on theft, use of equipment at no cost situations and they might of felt you was using the product for a one time use, giving it back with no charge to you. Purely speculative and I remember countless times where people would buy lawnmowers, cut their grass and return them stating they wouldn't operate. A serious drag on shrink in the retail business.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I want to thank you guys for responding. I have read all of your comments and this I feel you are all helpful in your own ways. I want to respond to the fellow CPW - sir: it was not just one employee at Home Depot - it involved what seemed to be all the employees at the place. There must have been 15-20 employees standing there and I felt as if they were all against me.
                Next:Mr Woussko: Sir:that would be to smart if they did that.

Next:Mr. Dunbar I would have gladly accepted another power washer as a replacement. I have a house to clean - I am not a crook.

Next:Mr. Phils - Thank you sir very much for that info - I did not know that.

Next: MR. Probrand: Sir: I will message you if you will tell me who you are. Thank you sir.

Comment

ProBrand works for Ridge Tool Co.
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by ScrewedBlue View Post
                    I want to thank you guys for responding. I have read all of your comments and this I feel you are all helpful in your own ways. I want to respond to the fellow CPW - sir: it was not just one employee at Home Depot - it involved what seemed to be all the employees at the place. There must have been 15-20 employees standing there and I felt as if they were all against me.
                    Next:Mr Woussko: Sir:that would be to smart if they did that.

Next:Mr. Dunbar I would have gladly accepted another power washer as a replacement. I have a house to clean - I am not a crook.

Next:Mr. Phils - Thank you sir very much for that info - I did not know that.

Next: MR. Probrand: Sir: I will message you if you will tell me who you are. Thank you sir.

I had a feeling that you wasn't, and this is a situation where the chronic bad people make it horrible for the one who are good, legitimately have a product reliability issue.

If your region experiences these issues, that is something that probably won't change in the near future.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

What a whiner! Wow...

SUE, SUE, SUE..... that is the answer to everything.
                      Last edited by Service Guy; 08-26-2008, 10:00 PM.
                      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by ScrewedBlue View Post
                        I want to respond to the fellow CPW - sir: it was not just one employee at Home Depot - it involved what seemed to be all the employees at the place. There must have been 15-20 employees standing there and I felt as if they were all against me.
                        I understand that probably once you get one guy who is "in charge" at that local area that is the way it will go for now; but the thing about a company so big is that there is a way to escalate it by calling customer service.

Even if you don't want to give HD a second try, give ProBrand from RIDGID a shot to get things straighted out for you.

Comment

From the HD website:

-- Gasoline-powered equipment may be returned within 30 days of purchase with a valid sales receipt. After 30 days, item may be sent out for repair at the customer’s expense, unless covered under warranty.

I did not know this until this thread prompted me to check... good to know.
                          Ern

Comment

You bought a machine that you have no idea how to use...and now you complain about it not working properly. Did you fully read the instruction manual before operating? You may have even damaged it and yet you're surprised they won't take it back!
                            Home depot has tons of these problems with people trying to return stuff after one use. Its their own fault for encouraging people to "do-it-themselves" when many people have no idea how to handle the tools they buy half the time.

Someday someone (too cheap to hire a drain-cleaner to clear roots from their sewer) will sue home depot when the cable-machine they rented tears their arm off.
                            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Ether. Don't educate me about vapor lock.

Something seems to be missing in the information. A small pressure washer isn't rocket science. (Is it?)

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X