X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid reciprocating saw, unable to change blades

I have a Ridgid R3100 11 amp reciprocating saw. It's been a great tool until today when the "tool free blade change" malfunctioned and I was unable to remove the blade from the saw. The blade change mechanisim consists of a small lever which when flipped up releases the blade. For some reason the lever is locked in the down position and the blade cannot be removed. Please inform me as to how I can fix this problem so I can continue using the tool. Thanks so much.
    Gerry

Re: Ridgid reciprocating saw, unable to change blades

Originally posted by Diegooman View Post
    I have a Ridgid R3100 11 amp reciprocating saw. It's been a great tool until today when the "tool free blade change" malfunctioned and I was unable to remove the blade from the saw. The blade change mechanisim consists of a small lever which when flipped up releases the blade. For some reason the lever is locked in the down position and the blade cannot be removed. Please inform me as to how I can fix this problem so I can continue using the tool. Thanks so much.
    Gerry
    Diegooman......Welcome to the forum. We have a couple of the Ridgid recip saws which we use in filthy conditions during the typical demo jobs we get involved with. The blade chuck gets loaded with plaster and sawdust or tree resin and becomes jammed.
    First spray the chuck mechanism with compressed air to blow out the offending junk. We have found any of the family of WD-40 type products sprayed directly into the chuck mechanism will keep it free and lubricated. It's important to look into the front of the housing that encloses the chuck and spray directly into the chuck. Do not try to force the outside lever or you will break it where it contacts the inside arm on the chuck mechanism. If you have already done this, proceed to the find an authorised Ridgid service center mode.
    Good luck and let us know how things work out.......Ray
    Last edited by roadrashray; 08-28-2008, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Thanks so much for the info on how to remove the blade. I did what you suggested and it worked!

Comment

Great call roadrashray, very helpful.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
        X