Warranty registration problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty registration problems

Last year I purchased a router and table saw and sent the warranty registrations, UPC tags & receipts to Ridgid in the same envelope. I noticed on the website that the router has a lifetime warranty but the table saw only had a three year warranty.

I corrisponded with customer service and was advised to call on the phone. "Gregory" insisted that they did not receive the registration for the saw. I insisted that it was impossible for them to receive one for the router but not for the saw. He finally relented and asked me to fax the sales receipt to him which I promptly did.

The next day I received and email indicating the warranty status on the saw had been changed to lifetime- great! I went to the website and verified that but noticed the drill I bought and registered last month only has a three year warranty. I'm in the process of contesting that now.

Is there a trend emerging here? Is Ridgid trying to limit the number of lifetime warranties it has to honor?
    Last edited by 2561538; 08-31-2008, 01:01 PM. Reason: typographical error

Re: Warranty registration problems

From past threads here on the forum, it's been noted that RIDGID has an ongoing backlog situation with the LLSA registration program. It usually takes around 3 to 4 months before the status of the tools in your eBox gets upgraded from the standard warranty to lifetime status. I wouldn't be too worried if your drill hasn't been upgraded yet but if it hasn't been by Thanksgiving you might want to start calling.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by 2561538 View Post

Is there a trend emerging here? Is Ridgid trying to limit the number of lifetime warranties it has to honor?

I don't think that they are trying to limit the number of lifetime warranties, but to correctly identify those that qualify for the program under the terms of the program guidelines. I am sure that they run into requests for registration of tools from sources other than their authorized retail outlets and also from "broken" sets of tools and sales on internet bidding outlets. All of that has seemed to add to the level of work and diligence that they apparently go through to correctly identify and register their tool purchasers. Recently, I checked my ebox and ran into the same situation that you mentioned regarding lifetime on one day and 3 year the next and then back to lifetime. The tool registrations have recently shown 2 and 3 audits by different customer service representatives verifying the process and information, but it gets done eventually. The process used to be faster and has slowed some over time, but it does save them money for each tool that they don't have to unnecessarily provide service toward. The unfortunate aggrevation is to the legitimate purchaser, but it should get done.

Comment

Thanks, that was comforting for a while. Now I see that even my three year drill registration has vanished from the site. I still think I smell a rat here.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

I've been going round and round with this matter.....of registering a tool or not...
          I have the original sales receipt that should supersede any and or all registration.......

Ridgid and the Home Depot are both large enough companies to back each other.

I feel this tool registration is a crock of Bull@#$% If one holds the original receipt and the serial number is visible ..........

Comment

Some news for those waiting on LLSA registration, or those that missed out on their 90 day window.

I called customer service about my LLSA registration the other day. It had been three and a half months since I sent in the details (July).

The woman said they were currently processing submissions from April. When they get the registration requests they go into 'bins' each month, and they are currently working on April.

She originally thought I was talking about a 2007 purchase. I cannot guarantee this since I do not work for ridgid, but the woman said they were accepting applications for LLSA as far back as 2005. I was concerned about the 90 day window being passed if there was a problem with my papers, but she said that didn't matter and then told me about them accepting applications from as far back as 2005.

Comment

Again it goes to show how much of a hassle the whole LSA program is. No one should have to go through this much BS to get a company to honor something that they have invested this much time and effort into. The LSA is all Ridgid is known for so you would think they would care more about it and ensure that customers are taken care of in a more timely manner which isn't 7 months later.

Maybe someday they will get their S*@T together.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch View Post
                Again it goes to show how much of a hassle the whole LSA program is. No one should have to go through this much BS to get a company to honor something that they have invested this much time and effort into. The LSA is all Ridgid is known for so you would think they would care more about it and ensure that customers are taken care of in a more timely manner which isn't 7 months later.

Maybe someday they will get their S*@T together.
                Or..............it just points out the huge volume of RIDGID tools being sold and registered. Maybe they do need to add a body or two in this Department but one valid reason for the long delays would be more work than the staff can handle.
                ================================================== ====
                All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by disappointed View Post
                  HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

I've been going round and round with this matter.....of registering a tool or not...
                  I have the original sales receipt that should supersede any and or all registration.......

Ridgid and the Home Depot are both large enough companies to back each other.

I feel this tool registration is a crock of Bull@#$% If one holds the original receipt and the serial number is visible ..........

Some of my tools the serial number is NOT visible since it has worn off, and those tools are not LSA any longer in my ebox now when they were before. Sill waiting on a reply from them .........

Comment

Working...
                  X